• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A game of panthers from the Madden 10

Pantherman

I have never really liked Madden, I was a hardcore 2k fanboy and a huge EA hater after they killed my favorite sports franchise. I have played every Madden and eventually I get frustrated by the poor AI, the poor presentation, and the ridiculous ratings. But I have played Madden 10, and I have to say it is a damn good game, and that anyone who likes football should definitely give it a shot, regardless of your past history with the Madden franchise.

I agree completely.

Madden has been poor year after year after year,

But it looks like they finally got it right this year.

At least a step in the right direction.

Even if it has some new features, it's still not worth 60 god damn dollars.

Madden sucks, it is terrible. If I throw a pass right at a DB, 90% of the time they just drop it.Also check this shit out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Ztf2aO6xU

They still didn't fix it in 10 (played the demo). But hey, its EA, there is always the promise of "next year".

Fuck EA, those whores, they couldn't handle the heat from 2k games (who sold for much less $$$), so they create this mini monopoly. Madden 10 STILL lacks features from a game that came out 5 years ago. It's sad that people in this thread defend this pile of dog shit.

You ever heard of an exploit.....that is a perfect example of exploiting the games coding, so yea if you want to play like that you might be able to pull crazy poo like that off (and if you do then its your fault for being an idiot and not playing the game how it was intended to be played), but if your a simulation style player like what the game is designed for this year then you will never see anything like that. If I fired up 2k5 i could find all kinds of exploits in the games mechanics as well but I don't because I decide to play the game realistically since all sports games are.....you know SIMULATIONS.

Enough with the EA bashing you 2k fanboys really piss me off fine don't buy Madden and miss out on what is more or less a next gen 2k5. Suits me, I'll be tearing people up with Williams and Stewart and torching their secondaries with Smitty for the next year. Enjoy playing a dated game and bitching blindly about EA for the next year because the NFL offered them rights to their franchises. Maybe you should cry about the NFL instead of EA all EA did was take an offer that they would have been crazy to refuse. If you think 2K would have done any differently in the situation you are a complete moron. EA didn't do poo to create a monopoly the NFL came to them with a number and said we only want to have one game with nfl franchises and we want it to be yours hears what we want you to pay us. Maybe you should go cry to Roger Goodell and see if he will rescind it and give the offer to 2K instead.

First time since '98 I won't be getting a copy of Madden. Sold my Xbox 360 this year, no plans of getting another one. A little piece of my childhood just died...

You picked a bad year to sell it, Madden is sick this year!

My observation of Madden 2010 from the demo:

I just played the demo and it plays way better than 2009. The past 3 years of madden have had only took small steps forward but this year it took a leap forward.

Passing and running the ball are alot more realistic. The game is alot smoother than 2009. Even though the demo only has 1 min qrts and it was hard to put together a drive the game plays better in every aspect. The wildcat offense was better than I thought it would be. It only had three plays but it ran smooth aswell.

My only real question about madden is about the franchise mode. I dont care about online franchise. I just hope that they rework every aspect of the franchise mode. I read a couple pages back were someone has an early copy. I wonder if they could give a description of the franchise mode??

You ever heard of an exploit.....that is a perfect example of exploiting the games coding, so yea if you want to play like that you might be able to pull crazy poo like that off (and if you do then its your fault for being an idiot and not playing the game how it was intended to be played), but if your a simulation style player like what the game is designed for this year then you will never see anything like that. If I fired up 2k5 i could find all kinds of exploits in the games mechanics as well but I don't because I decide to play the game realistically since all sports games are.....you know SIMULATIONS.

Enough with the EA bashing you 2k fanboys really piss me off fine don't buy Madden and miss out on what is more or less a next gen 2k5. Suits me, I'll be tearing people up with Williams and Stewart and torching their secondaries with Smitty for the next year. Enjoy playing a dated game and bitching blindly about EA for the next year because the NFL offered them rights to their franchises. Maybe you should cry about the NFL instead of EA all EA did was take an offer that they would have been crazy to refuse. If you think 2K would have done any differently in the situation you are a complete moron. EA didn't do poo to create a monopoly the NFL came to them with a number and said we only want to have one game with nfl franchises and we want it to be yours hears what we want you to pay us. Maybe you should go cry to Roger Goodell and see if he will rescind it and give the offer to 2K instead.

good post..but i will have to wait till madden 10 takes a price cut.

My observation of Madden 2010 from the demo:

I just played the demo and it plays way better than 2009. The past 3 years of madden have had only took small steps forward but this year it took a leap forward.

Passing and running the ball are alot more realistic. The game is alot smoother than 2009. Even though the demo only has 1 min qrts and it was hard to put together a drive the game plays better in every aspect. The wildcat offense was better than I thought it would be. It only had three plays but it ran smooth aswell.

My only real question about madden is about the franchise mode. I dont care about online franchise. I just hope that they rework every aspect of the franchise mode. I read a couple pages back were someone has an early copy. I wonder if they could give a description of the franchise mode??

From what I have read from dev blogs and various previews from gaming websites they have really put a lot of effort into making franchise mode better.

If I fired up 2k5 i could find all kinds of exploits in the games mechanics as well

Not trying to pick on you here, but, this is not a true statement. 2K's AI was amazing, which is what made 2K so enjoyable. Exploits where very few. In fact the only exploit that worked was the QB scramble - the defense AI didnt know what to do and Vick types would run wild until they got tired.

Not trying to pick on you here, but, this is not a true statement. 2K's AI was amazing, which is what made 2K so enjoyable. Exploits where very few. In fact the only exploit that worked was the QB scramble - the defense AI didnt know what to do and Vick types would run wild until they got tired.

You obviously haven't played 2k enough, there are several exploits in the coverage system alone, i found them within my first few weeks of playing the game and never tried them again. Don't get me wrong I love 2K5 and 2K games in general but they are far from perfect no game ever is (except for maybe the Show that is just what every sports game should be). I will admit however that previous Maddens have had much more exploits then 2K5, however 2K's were still there so the AI wasn't exactly "amazing" Like i said before though if your a sim player these things wont matter its only people who feel the need to cheat the game that will have to worry about seeing them again. Despite some pretty bad exploits Madden 09 was still an alright game for me because of the way I played it, sure I didn't touch franchise mode when i realized progression and draft logic/ratings were fubar but play now wasn't bad once you got a set of sliders that worked for you.

Archived