• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vonleh observation / concern

MedellinHeel

Andrew Wiggins was the only player in the draft with more potential than Vonleh. He's only 18 years old. He has an incredible frame, athleticism, work ethic, & already has refined post moves & good range.

He could be a top 10 player in the league & the face of Charlotte once he develops. But it's gonna take 2-3 years for him to adjust, & another 2-3 years to develop. Relax, he's a kid.

If MKG & Vonleh reach their potential they'll be one of the best duos in the game in 5 years. Then throw in Kemba as the #3 guy. Our rebuild process is only half complete. Yeah, we have all the major pieces in place, but it's gonna take time to develop them. Give it time & quite being impatient, PMSing children.

Those guys aren't going anywhere & we aren't bringing in expensive vets. Cho is gonna let this roster mature.

I agree, he has a right to raise a concern if he notices something wrong in Vonleh's game.

The problem is this is yet another reactionary thread from this guy about an 18 year old's first action on an NBA floor with teammates whose names he probably doesn't even know yet. You can't have a reasonable opinion on a guy you have probably never seen play before, let alone in these conditions, in JULY.

He compounds the problem by getting confrontational when his opinions aren't met with the same agreement and, because they are not shared by hardly anyone else in the thread he gets defensive and starts insulting basketball knowledge and other trivial things and every thread goes to crap.

I appreciate your leniency as a moderator, PD, but I think it's imperative to lock reactionary threads before they get out of hand. If all else fails, bring out the ban hammer.

I appreciate your feedback CB...

The issue is that fine line between overmoderating and undermoderating.  I want to foster discussion, but I also want the discussion to be meaningful and relevant.  I don't want to close a thread or discussion if there is a valuable discussion to be had.  So, just as we have experienced in the Panthers forum in a cyclical fashion, there are ebbs and tides with moderation. 

A few years ago, during the offseason, it felt like there was a blowup/locked thread/promise of physical violence in the Panthers forum every other day, lol.  Right before we drafted Cam was a really horrible time.  But, a lot of the threads were left open until they reached that point that it was obvious there was nothing to be gained from it, and/or someone personally insulted (i.e. name called) or attacked another poster.

There are several new posters here that seem to be playing in the grey area, so to this point, it has been more or less an observational period for me...  give them a chance and see if it's an aberration or a consistent pattern.

As I said, this is their warning.  I've watched threads deteriorate over the last few days with the same crap, so it's become clear that it is indeed a consistent pattern of behavior, and I've seen enough of it.

I agree, he has a right to raise a concern if he notices something wrong in Vonleh's game.

The problem is this is yet another reactionary thread from this guy about an 18 year old's first action on an NBA floor with teammates whose names he probably doesn't even know yet. You can't have a reasonable opinion on a guy you have probably never seen play before, let alone in these conditions, in JULY.

He compounds the problem by getting confrontational when his opinions aren't met with the same agreement and, because they are not shared by hardly anyone else in the thread he gets defensive and starts insulting basketball knowledge and other trivial things and every thread goes to crap.

I appreciate your leniency as a moderator, PD, but I think it's imperative to lock reactionary threads before they get out of hand. If all else fails, bring out the ban hammer.

Smh

I did not derail this thread or start the incendiary comments. 

Things went downhill on post #32 (i think) when Wow got his panties in a wad due to me not making a thread about PJ and the fact I thought their problems were not related or due to the same thing. 

Reactionary threads are fine so long as genuine basketball is being discussed and not people flaming other people for differences of opinion. 

Stark differences in the posting from a guy like CarolinaPanthers who we had a nice thoughtful discussion and a guy like Wow who just wants to flame. 

Would do a good to get the facts straight before making some long post making out that I started or am the reason for this thread turning into a pissing match. 

Smh

I did not derail this thread or start the incendiary comments.

Things went downhill on post #32 (i think) when Wow got his panties in a wad due to me not making a thread about PJ and the fact I thought their problems were not related or due to the same thing.

Reactionary threads are fine so long as genuine basketball is being discussed and not people flaming other people for differences of opinion.

Stark differences in the posting from a guy like CarolinaPanthers who we had a nice thoughtful discussion and a guy like Wow who just wants to flame.

Would do a good to get the facts straight before making some long post making out that I started or am the reason for this thread turning into a pissing match.

I asked were you going to make a thread about PJ and you dismissed the idea. Which showed the lack of legitimacy you have in doing a real breakdown of the both of our rookies performances.

Plus the fact you haven't really explained what you had a concern with.

Sorry for my snap post earlier, but I'm tired of these threads slamming players with no logic or reasoning to be found in the op. There wasn't anything to back the claims made and they end up right about where this one is.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

I asked were you going to make a thread about PJ and you dismissed the idea. Which showed the lack of legitimacy you have in doing a real breakdown of the both of our rookies performances.

Plus the fact you haven't really explained what you had a concern with.

No sir. 

You ask why and I told you why (even broke it down for you)

Could have just said no I wont make a thread on PJ. 

Or could have said I viewed their struggles differently. 

But no I gave you the exact reasons why I didnt start a thread on PJ. 

To refresh your memory I said I viewed PJ's struggles coming as a result of poor shot selection and just having an off night (ice cold to be exact). 

You didnt agree with this and thus ensued the personal / incendiary comments and jabs. 

I perfectly broke down what I had a concern with. To refresh your memory again, I said Vonleh appeared to be slow and sluggish on the court which I took for a lack of instincts and twitch (not his athleticism). 

This is my last comment on the matter. Will only address post in relation to Vonleh performance or issues. 

No sir.

You ask why and I told you why (even broke it down for you)

Could have just said no I wont make a thread on PJ.

Or could have said I viewed their struggles differently.

But no I gave you the exact reasons why I didnt start a thread on PJ.

To refresh your memory I said I viewed PJ's struggles coming as a result of poor shot selection and just having an off night (ice cold to be exact).

You didnt agree with this and thus ensued the personal / incendiary comments and jabs.

I perfectly broke down what I had a concern with. To refresh your memory again, I said Vonleh appeared to be slow and sluggish on the court which I took for a lack of instincts and twitch (not his athleticism).

This is my last comment on the matter. Will only address post in relation to Vonleh performance or issues.

You gave no breakdown on PJ like you did with Noah. Like you said PJ had a bad shooting night which I agreed with.

The whole quick twitch thing was ran to the ground and nobody else saw anything wrong with his movements physically. Then you question other basketball knowledge ( attacking another poster and not their argument) when you couldn't explain what exactly were you concerned with.

And to help you out M.

8789 was trying to tell you that "Twicth" does have to do with athleticism.

If your saying somebody doesn't have a Twicth in the game you're saying they are slow.

Also everybody in the thread answered the instinct concern. Which again you didn't choose to accept.

Instincts always gets better with experience.

And to help you out M.

8789 was trying to tell you that "Twicth" does have to do with athleticism.

If your saying somebody doesn't have a Twicth in the game you're saying they are slow.

Also everybody in the thread answered the instinct concern. Which again you didn't choose to accept.

Instincts always gets better with experience.

Do not need your help but thanks none the less. 

Why would someone be trying to tell me twitch does not have to do with athleticism as that is a known fact that I also mentioned in this thread? 

Vonleh's athleticism is perfectly fine. Better than fine actually. 

There are two different types of slow. There is instinctual reactionary twitch slow and then there is plain out actually being slow (ie foot speed, end to end, laterally etc). Two different things. 

This twitch thing is driving me bonkers...he just looked a little tentative out there when putting the ball up.

He had a few nice post moves but then rushed the shot and didn't finish enough.

He has a great Nba body, smooth athleticism, and good strength. He just needs to trust his shot and work on his touch off the glass. That will happen with time.

Archived