• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vonleh observation / concern

MedellinHeel

When I think of instincts I do not think of mental (atleast not in the cognitive thought process). It is something that is innate which just happens without really thinking about it. Purely split second reactions.

But I can tell, instincts and twitch look alot different on an unathletic person lol.

See that's what's funny. Instincts is something that you really don't think about because it's a fixed behavior in your mind.

Remember the old saying, "trust your instincts". That's referring to doing something because your inner body (mind) is telling you it's right.

In sports you usually have a set way which is why poor instincts are so hard to train out of an athlete.

See that's what's funny. Instincts is something that you really don't think about because it's a fixed behavior in your mind.

Remember the old saying, "trust your instincts". That's referring to doing something because your inner body (mind) is telling you it's right.

In sports you usually have a set way which is why poor instincts are so hard to train out of an athlete.

Instincts and twitch in sports is something I dont think is easily trained or gained. 

Certainly not in comparison to skills and IQ. 

Instincts and twitch in sports is something I dont think is easily trained or gained.

Certainly not in comparison to skills and IQ.

What do you mean by twitch. In strength training, fast twitch is referred to as too many Type I fibers that limit movement and explosiveness. The goal is to build those fibers into Type II fibers.

As far as poor instinct issues, we're on the same page. I don't think they can be corrected and if they can be, I've never seen it happen.

Sometimes I'd rather ask my wife's opinion who knows nothing about the NBA than read the menstruating thoughts of posters screaming the sky is falling because an 18 yr old rookie didn't score 57 points, grab 26 rebounds, block 17 shots, and have 11 assists in their first summer league game. Yea he played bad, hell maybe he will play bad all summer. Who knows, what I do know is some of you need to lay off the estrogen.

What do you mean by twitch. In strength training, fast twitch is referred to too many Type I fibers that limit movement and explosiveness.

As far as poor instinct issues, we're on the same page. I don't think they can be corrected and if they can be, I've never seen it happen.

Twitch ie fast reaction times. 

There are getting ready to be some real changes to this forum and some posters' ability to use it if things don't tighten up.  This thread has been a trainwreck.

Enough of the personal crap.  And if you are going to make a thread or post, include reasons and some substance behind your argument...  And if you don't, and are pretty much asking a question, keep it in an already viable thread pertaining to the subject.  And don't get offended when people find your post to be ill-thought.  Otherwise, don't post.  These pissing contests are getting far too frequent and over really stupid stuff. 

Get it together, huddlers.

I agree, he has a right to raise a concern if he notices something wrong in Vonleh's game.

The problem is this is yet another reactionary thread from this guy about an 18 year old's first action on an NBA floor with teammates whose names he probably doesn't even know yet. You can't have a reasonable opinion on a guy you have probably never seen play before, let alone in these conditions, in JULY.

He compounds the problem by getting confrontational when his opinions aren't met with the same agreement and, because they are not shared by hardly anyone else in the thread he gets defensive and starts insulting basketball knowledge and other trivial things and every thread goes to crap.

I appreciate your leniency as a moderator, PD, but I think it's imperative to lock reactionary threads before they get out of hand. If all else fails, bring out the ban hammer.

I actually thought he looked O.K. He got some decent looks but just couldn't put them through. I thought his post game was pretty decent for a Rook. My concern would be the fact that he never really set a solid screen in this game. I don't know if coaching wanted him to slip every time or not. It was just strange to see.

Archived