• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vonleh observation / concern

MedellinHeel

He's still raw. There are degrees of rawness. Raw does not automatically mean Bismack level sorry, lol.

Vonleh like Zeller, is not raw in the skills department (the thing most people refer to when mentioning someone being raw). 

He just simply needs to adjust to the NBA game and become more assertive. Which can be said for most rookies. 

IQ might be alittle raw. 

None the less, we can agree to disagree. 

He's still raw. There are degrees of rawness. Raw does not automatically mean Bismack level sorry, lol.

There is skill rawness, and mental rawness.

Vonleh is the latter. He has nice skills, but is timid and unsure because he has no basketball IQ right now. He is the type of rawness that can improve quickly with experience and coaching, whereas in my opinion developing skill takes a lot of time.

You can't judge anything after one game. I can say things that possibly worry me and that's valid bc who knows if they will happen but to say somebody is something or not after one game is stupid. My only worry is does this kid after the killer instinct and desire to destroy the competition. He just seems so nice and unassuming

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

There is skill rawness, and mental rawness.

Vonleh is the latter. He has nice skills, but is timid and unsure because he has no basketball IQ right now. He is the type of rawness that can improve quickly with experience and coaching, whereas in my opinion developing skill takes a lot of time.

I think Vonleh has decent IQ. 

His main thing I feel is assertiveness and defensive awareness. 

You can't judge anything after one game. I can say things that possibly worry me and that's valid bc who knows if they will happen but to say somebody is something or not after one game is stupid. My only worry is does this kid after the killer instinct and desire to destroy the competition. He just seems so nice and unassuming

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Maybe that has to do with his age?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Vonleh has great skills for a big. He is lacking in basketball IQ. And yes that will develop by default.

He has a chance to be a really good player.

My only concern is he seems to lack emotion. Seems a little soft, but that can be developed as well

Seems a very accurate and fair evaluation

Archived