• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vonleh observation / concern

MedellinHeel

Watching this summer league game and it's the first full game i've watched of Vonleh. 

He has a great frame, athletic, and pretty coordinated but something just seems off. And I am gonna have to put this on instincts. Just seems a bit slow in reacting. This goes for offense and defense. Which is probably why he didn't do a bit better at IU. 

Def not a fast twitch guy compared to the Davis kid out there who was making plays all over. 

Can instincts and reaction be improved? I am not sure on this. He is young so I am hoping I am either dead wrong or if I am right he is able to develop / improve this over his career, preferably sooner than later. 

He's a project... simple as that.

I was telling people that this draft was not as great as people were making it out to be. Outside of Parker Wiggins, and possibly Exum there are a lot of project type players in this draft.

real funny because he was top 5 material. I don't think you are a good talent evaluater.

I am not talking about his stat line / performance in one summer league game. 

He just looks slow (reaction wise) and sluggish to me out on the court. 

I have a feeling this is how he appears in every game regardless if he scored 2 points or 18. 

I could be wrong, and for the record I hope I am. 

He's a project... simple as that.

I was telling people that this draft was not as great as people were making it out to be. Outside of Parker Wiggins, and possibly Exum there are a lot of project type players in this draft.

Exum is a project as well, he can't shoot worth diddly. He can definitely drive to the rim though. 

Archived