• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jameer Nelson waived by Magic

FearTheCats

The Heat will definitely be competition as he has a home a permanent home in Orlando.

He also has a house in Philly, which could open up the door for a team like the Knicks.

SVG and Nelson are also on very good terms, so he may end up in Detroit.

My guess is if the money is right he goes to Charlotte or Detroit and if he wants to win a ship the Heat will sign him on a MLE.

I always had a feeling we may end up with Nelson, though I thought it would be via trade. This makes me question what the Magic have planned. They have dumped the salaries of Afflalo and Nelson, so they have a lot of room to play around with while also trading their first round pick next year. They have plans to throw money at someone I think.

I always had a feeling we may end up with Nelson, though I thought it would be via trade. This makes me question what the Magic have planned. They have dumped the salaries of Afflalo and Nelson, so they have a lot of room to play around with while also trading their first round pick next year. They have plans to throw money at someone I think.

I still can't believe they passed on Exum.

Interesting decision by the Magic. I suppose it makes sense to waive him so they don't have to guarantee the $8m for next season. But it makes you wonder what their plan is. Are they getting rid of experience in order hand the keys over to the young players and tank one more year? Or are they clearing cap space to be active in free agency (ie make an attempt at big name FAs)?

As for Nelson, I think he'd be a good signing for us. He'd be good off the bench, giving us an experienced PG for the rotation.

There absolutely planning to tank.  Otherwise they would have sent us Afflalo for Hendo and the 1st as opposed to Denver for Fournier and a 2nd.

I think Nelson is still starting quality. So I dunno if he is coming to Charlotte to get 15-20 mins of burn each night. I do think he would be an excellent mentor for Kemba though.

Oh and he averaged more assists last year than our esteemed PG. And that was with a poo supporting cast.

Archived