• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McLemore & Stauskas?

MedellinHeel

I might would be alittle annoyed if I were a Kings fan. Two dudes drafted high close together who play the same position. Surely they got some other more pressing needs?

Didnt get that pick & fit....

I was surprised the Kings passed on Noah Vonleh. For me, he would have given them exactly the type of player they have been wanting to pair with Cousins - a big, athletic player, who can add to their defense.

However, Stauskas does give them an accurate shooter. He has the ability to start for them and develop into a very good player, and this will let McLemore move to sixth man. Or McLemore can continue to start, with Stauskas playing as their sixth man and giving their bench some fire power. It is a decent choice because it gives them an efficient shooter, and a three point threat. Granted back to back lottery SG selections might be a waste to some, but Stauskas is a good player.

I might would be alittle annoyed if I were a Kings fan. Two dudes drafted high close together who play the same position. Surely they got some other more pressing needs? 

Didnt get that pick & fit....

just playing devils advocate, but havent the hornets done exactly the same thing? i.e. picked two PF's in consecutive drafts with lottery selections? (even when we had a pressing need at SG)

i think we had a pretty successful draft, so maybe the kings will think the same? 

just playing devils advocate, but havent the hornets done exactly the same thing? i.e. picked two PF's in consecutive drafts with lottery selections? (even when we had a pressing need at SG)

i think we had a pretty successful draft, so maybe the kings will think the same?

Who was the alternative selection?

The next SG taken was Young #17. So we could have gone for him or Harris, but is either guy an upgrade on Hendo? I'm not convinced. Plus, we got Hairston who can play SG and might end up pushing Hendo.

Who was the alternative selection?

The next SG taken was Young #17. So we could have gone for him or Harris, but is either guy an upgrade on Hendo? I'm not convinced. Plus, we got Hairston who can play SG and might end up pushing Hendo.

i agree mike, vonleh was the player we should have drafted, i just wanted to make the point it was a matter of perspective. i personally think you should always draft for talent (so bpa).

the upside versus risk of vonleh far outweighs that of stauskas and any other person available for us at #9 (the way rebounding seems to translate into the nba, the guys going to be elite and we can build off that).

id also hugest that Gary Harris (if hypothetically vonleh wasn't available) would have been at least as good as hendo by the end of next season, with the upside to be a better defender and a good threat from outside.

Archived