• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heat Big 3 staying together

Seems that could be the plan. As a trio they can still be one of the more formidable partnerships in the league, however they need support. They need a true center and an upgrade at PG. Depending on the cuts the big three take, it is possible to upgrade those positions, while having the ability to put together a good bench.

That said, would Bosh be tempted to go to another team so he can be a main option, or at least play a bigger role than the number three option he is on the Heat? It is possible, would he consider here to pair up with Al?

Also, would LeBron see Cleveland as having a better starting line up at the minute with Iriving, Waiters and Wiggins as their main trio? It is possible he could bolt and join them. The Cavs have been tipped [again] to make a push for the 7th or 8th seed, with LeBron they could be a top four team in the East.

Overall they will probably stay together. But they have a lot of work to do to make sure it happens.

Seems that could be the plan. As a trio they can still be one of the more formidable partnerships in the league, however they need support. They need a true center and an upgrade at PG. Depending on the cuts the big three take, it is possible to upgrade those positions, while having the ability to put together a good bench.

That said, would Bosh be tempted to go to another team so he can be a main option, or at least play a bigger role than the number three option he is on the Heat? It is possible, would he consider here to pair up with Al?

Also, would LeBron see Cleveland as having a better starting line up at the minute with Iriving, Waiters and Wiggins as their main trio? It is possible he could bolt and join them. The Cavs have been tipped [again] to make a push for the 7th or 8th seed, with LeBron they could be a top four team in the East.

Overall they will probably stay together. But they have a lot of work to do to make sure it happens.

Melo is a huge possibility now that the big 3 all opted out. Also upon is haslem opted out. The heat have a record 55 million in cap room

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Melo is a huge possibility now that the big 3 all opted out. Also upon is haslem opted out. The heat have a record 55 million in cap room

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

It would be interesting to see if LeBron and Melo could work as a double act.

That cap space is going to make it an attractive landing spot for FAs. I wonder if the Heat will now try to sign LeBron to a max contract and keep the big three, with upgrades; or whether they will let Bosh and Wade go, and pursue other FAs to rebuild with?

The other thing, I wonder how the Heat fans would react if Bosh, LeBron and Wade walked in free agency, and they missed out on big name FAs to replace them? Worst case scenario they could end up tanking. Won't happen, but it would reveal how many of their fans stick by them...

I originally thought that there was a chance that they (James, Anthony, Wade, and Bosh) could form a big four but with James gearing up for a max, there is no way it could work unless Bosh and Wade each accept $10 mil a piece.

I'm expecting James to get a max and Bosh and Wade to get $15 per.

The issue with the big four would be that it doesn't fix any of their issues from last season. Bosh at center needs to change going forwards. If he stays he needs to slide back to his natural PF, and they need to find a C.

On paper Wade, Melo, LeBron, and Bosh gives them star and fire power to be a contender for sure. But it still leaves them with weaknesses that teams like the Spurs will exploit, and perhaps we and the Pacers could do as well with some more experience and upgrades.

Wade and Bosh should only come back at 10 mil a season or less. James looks like is wanting a max, but if I was him I'd go with the 17-20 type deal again. That way the heat can use some of that extra money on a legit center and a better bench.

Napier

Wade

James

Bosh

Gortat

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Archived