• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inspirational quotes

SmokinwithWilly

I'm looking for some quotes for the walls of my office. I read a lot of quotes, but I thought some of you might have some that I haven't heard before. The one currently stenciled on one wall is,

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. - Bill Cosby

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

You want inspirational Bill Cosby quotes?

Pull anything from this speech...

http://www.eightcitiesmap.com/transcript_bc.htm

I'm talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. Where were you when he was two? Where were you when he was twelve? Where were you when he was eighteen, and how come you don't know he had a pistol? And where is his father, and why don't you know where he is? And why doesn't the father show up to talk to this boy?

All this child knows is “gimme, gimme, gimme.” These people want to buy the friendship of a child....and the child couldn't care less. Those of us sitting out here who have gone on to some college or whatever we've done, we still fear our parents. And these people are not parenting. They're buying things for the kid. $500 sneakers, for what? They won't buy or spend $250 on Hooked on Phonics.

Are you not paying attention, people with their hat on backwards, pants down around the crack. Isn't that a sign of something, or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up. Isn't it a sign of something when she's got her dress all the way up to the crack...and got all kinds of needles and things going through her body. What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans, they don't know a damned thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Shaligua, Mohammed and all that crap and all of them are in jail. When we give these kinds names to our children, we give them the strength and inspiration in the meaning of those names. What's the point of giving them strong names if there is not parenting and values backing it up.

Killed it, no spoon.

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.

George S. Patton

Or if you want to troll the office use nothing but Optimus Prime quotes. He has some good ones on leadership

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

http://www.despair.com/demotivators.html

Surprised no one has posted this link yet.

Couple of my favorites:

Mistakes

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

mistakes.jpg

Potential

Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.

potential.jpg

And my favorite pessimist of all time:

Game-Over-Man-Game-Over.jpg

Hudson: Oh yeah, sure! With those things runnin' around? You can count me out.

Hudson: Well that's great, that's just fugin' great, man. Now what the fug are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty poo now man...

Hudson: Seventeen *days?* Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen *hours!* Those things are gonna come in here just like they did before. And they're gonna come in here...

Hudson: Why don't you put her in charge?

"Between yesterday's regret and tomorrow's dream lies today's opportunity." - not sure who this is attributed to...just stuck with me many years ago.

“The future is not a result of choices among alternative paths offered by the present, but a place that is created first in mind, next in will, then in activity. The future is not some place we are going to, but a place we are creating. The paths are not to be discovered, but made, and the activity of making the future changes both the maker and the destination.” - John Schaar

“Change is debilitating when done to us, but exhilarating when done by us.” - Rosabeth Moss Kanter

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” - Emerson

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” - Einstein

“‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ is the slogan of the complacent, the arrogant, or the scared. It’s an excuse for inaction, a call to non-arms. It’s a mindset that assumes (or hopes) that today’s realities will continue tomorrow in a tidy, linear, and predictable fashion. Pure fantasy.” - Colin Powell

Archived