• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some thoughts and comparisons

MedellinHeel

5star blue chip top 10 recruits are expected to come in and have good years whether or not that is fair or not. 11ppg is something 3 and 4 star recruits can do. Nothing special.

Yes Drummond had more hype than Vonleh but both were elite recruits with guard skills who failed to light it up.

And now Drummond is averaging 13 & 13, so what's your point?

5star blue chip top 10 recruits are expected to come in and have good years whether or not that is fair or not. 11ppg is something 3 and 4 star recruits can do. Nothing special.

Yes Drummond had more hype than Vonleh but both were elite recruits with guard skills who failed to light it up.

Would you have rather had McAdoo?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Funny, because Embiid was considered the top rated player in the draft. He also averaged 11 ppg. Embiid grabbed 8 rebounds per game, Vonleh grabbed 9 rpg.

I am not trying to compare them, just pointing out that I wouldn't worry too much about his freshman numbers at 18 year's old

College stats are always less than NBA stats.  People don't get too caught up in numbers but more in physical talent and other things.  Were people looking at Lebron's stats out of high school to determine if he was good?   Sometimes players in college have to fill roles they really shouldn't because that is how it goes.  Like Zeller playing center for IND when he really shouldn't have had to but no one else could.

you guys might like this but you know who Vonleh reminds me of...............

rich-jamal-mashburn.jpg

I think Jabari Parker and Mash have the same game..Noah is more a post guy with face up dribble ability but clearly a PF.

Mash could face up and give a great crossover to the rim..and had a great post up turn around.

I think the Lamarcus Aldridge comp is the best one. If he can just let the jumper loose in the flow of the offense he will be deadly.

MuchAdo,

Lmao at thinking an elite blue chip recruit big with with insane coordination & guard skills averaging 11ppg is good. He underachieved just like Drummond did in college. 

Blackpanther,

Come to think of it, that might be a great comparison for Vonleh. 

Yup, they always give "___ of the year" awards to underachievers. I see your point now.

Difference in him and Drummond is he can actually shoot. He can shoot the three too. More accurate comparison is Bosh, where he'll create mismatches on the outside.

Physically, he's ready, for once we got a big that isn't a twig and we "hope" he gets muscle. Dude is big.

Yes, he can def damn shoot the ball. Showed at Indiana that he can. Unlike Zeller who did it in workouts.

And now Drummond is averaging 13 & 13, so what's your point?

You make it sound as if I dont like the pick or think he will bust. 

Did you read what I wrote?

My point is exactly what I said. Vonleh reminds me of Drummond in that both are extremely talented bigs with advanced coordination and guard like skills who didnt exactly set college on fire thus raising questions for them in the draft. To Vonleh's credit though, he did beast the rebounds in college which is great. 

Talent and upside is so great that you still have to make that pick regardless if they bust or not imo. I think Vonleh will be just fine with some solid coaching and practice. Will really help him to get to watch Al in practice and games. 

This draft could not have went any better for us. 

You make it sound as if I dont like the pick or think he will bust.

Did you read what I wrote?

My point is exactly what I said. Vonleh reminds me of Drummond in that both are extremely talented bigs with advanced coordination and guard like skills who didnt exactly set college on fire thus raising questions for them in the draft. To Vonleh's credit though, he did beast the rebounds in college which is great.

Talent and upside is so great that you still have to make that pick regardless if they bust or not imo. I think Vonleh will be just fine with some solid coaching and practice. Will really help him to get to watch Al in practice and games.

This draft could not have went any better for us.

Then why the heck is everyone arguing with you?

Then why the heck is everyone arguing with you?

Just guessing but id say....

1) Misread my post or thought I was implying something I wasnt

or 

2) Dont think Drummond and Vonleh are comparable in their ranking, guard like skills, and college performance. 

Archived