• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Make or break year for Shula (I hope)

MedellinHeel

Shula really dampens my excited to some degree about this team and upcoming season. I am just not sold on him being a good OC, much less great. I am hoping this is his make or break year. If he can show solid improvement and get to good, then ok great, but if not he needs to be replaced by a proven successful OC. 

I think the conservative nature was more about the weapons we had available and taking the calculated steps to win football games.

But I do want to see the offense open up this year for sure. Olsen, Dickson, Williams, Cotchery, and KB are all big targets. We need TD's in the redzone every time.

Shula is not anywhere near as bad as everyone seems to think. Our offensive line and poor rushing aside from Cam was far more of an issue.

Shula has been poor everywhere he has called the plays. 

At some point you gotta stop making excuses and do more with less. 

After all, that is the mark of a great playcaller. 

Maybe I'm just easy to please, but as long as the Panthers finish 12-4 I'm not complaining about shula. Hell, I wouldn't care if the homeless browns draft advisor guy was oc. If you finish that good eventually you'll have to get lucky and win a superbowl! ( unless of course you are the bills)

Sent from my SCH-R950 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Maybe I'm just easy to please, but as long as the Panthers finish 12-4 I'm not complaining about shula. Hell, I wouldn't care if the homeless browns draft advisor guy was oc. If you finish that good eventually you'll have to get lucky and win a superbowl! ( unless of course you are the bills)

Sent from my SCH-R950 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think you are missing the big picture. The only reason we were 12-4 was largely due to the ELITE D. And i dont know about you, but I want to win the superbowl. Lets not get complacent here. 

If you want to beat the SEA's and SF's of the world consistently and take that next step, a vanilla unimaginative offense will not get done against other ELITE D's. 

Additionally, every unit of the team should strive and accept nothing less than excellence. Having an offense ranked in the bottom half of the league is not that. 

Shula has been poor everywhere he has called the plays.

At some point you gotta stop making excuses and do more with less.

After all, that is the mark of a great playcaller.

That's a load of bull. No amount of offensive genius can cover up a lack of talent. Bill Walsh didn't do crap without his loaded 49ers squads. Shula wasn't the problem, the offense did what the offense was designed to do: control the ball and take pressure off Cam to do everything. We didn't squander loads of skill players, we made do with the hand dealt us and just didn't make all the plays we needed to move on.

That's a load of bull. No amount of offensive genius can cover up a lack of talent. Bill Walsh didn't do crap without his loaded 49ers squads. Shula wasn't the problem, the offense did what the offense was designed to do: control the ball and take pressure off Cam to do everything. We didn't squander loads of skill players, we made do with the hand dealt us and just didn't make all the plays we needed to move on.

Wow. Reason!!

Shula was average. The offense was average. The talent was average. This is the same malarkey thrown Rivera's way back when the defense was blowing games left and right. We'll improve as Cam grows and our young talent grows with him. Shula helps that far more than some hotshot who thinks his plays are awesome and refuses to engage his young QB in the offense.

Shula really dampens my excited to some degree about this team and upcoming season. I am just not sold on him being a good OC, much less great. I am hoping this is his make or break year. If he can show solid improvement and get to good, then ok great, but if not he needs to be replaced by a proven successful OC. 

Wishful thinking on the part of Shula critics.

I don't think Rivera sees it that way at all.

Archived