• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You guys know that Kemo wasn't that great, right?

Fiz

This really could be a blessing in disguise as the majority of Tampa-2 defenses (which is what the Panthers are now running) are built around fast, sleek DT's, not the fat-bodies

they had Hayden slim down, but I'll be surprised if he stays as starter (and if so, I dont have that great a feeling at this particular moment).. That diamond in the rough could be Favorite, but seems that is a shot in the dark just like the rest...

With Kemo out, we now have a little bit of cash, but we'll see what that does...

Here's where the coaches earn their pay.. Can only hope they come through..

That's funny. Yesterday on Twitter, @MoveTheSticks (former NFL scout) said a current pro scout told him, "Carolina losing Kemo was HUGE. They have run/hit LBs not take-on types. He protected them."

I think it funny that you're try to justify losing a great player by saying he wasn't as good as he was. He kept Beason and the others free, and that was his role. It's easier to shed a TE blocking than a lineman, which Kemo occupied 2 of quite well.

Just my 2 cents.

This really could be a blessing in disguise as the majority of Tampa-2 defenses (which is what the Panthers are now running) are built around fast, sleek DT's, not the fat-bodies

which would be great, if we had another good fast, sleek DT. We really only have one.

You could say it'll give time for Irvin to develop, but he's gonna have to get on it really fast.

That's funny. Yesterday on Twitter, @MoveTheSticks (former NFL scout) said a current pro scout told him, "Carolina losing Kemo was HUGE. They have run/hit LBs not take-on types. He protected them."

I think it funny that you're try to justify losing a great player by saying he wasn't as good as he was. He kept Beason and the others free, and that was his role. It's easier to shed a TE blocking than a lineman, which Kemo occupied 2 of quite well.

Just my 2 cents.

Finally, someone who knows what they're talking about. It wasn't Kemo's job to penetrate into the backfield and make tackles. He took on the Center/Guard and kept them off of Beason. Beason's good, but Kemo made him a Pro bowler.

good points, but I believe Beason can take on blocks well. Not every LB is protected, or else every DT would be Kemo's size.

The biggest concern to me is that we prepared to have him, and that now we don't. That's never good.

That we can succeed as an even-front one gap defense? Some of our best Ds have been. Plenty of teams in the league excel for it. But we don't have two penetrators, we have one. And a bunch of nothing behind it.

We can still excel against the pass, we can still stunt and run blitz, but it's all cover stuff. Can't line up and take people on.

Archived