• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McRoberts turns down player option, will become Free Agent

I don't think security is an issue. I think money is.

When we re-signed him this past year he said he'll be back if the price is right... that pretty much told me he is looking to get paid.

In a lot of ways security is money for a guy like Mcroberts.  He's not a big time star with years of fat paychecks to look forward to, hes a 27 year old role player coming off the best statistical season of his career. This is his first (and quite possibly last) real chance to lock up a nice long term, guaranteed deal.

This season was only the 3rd time in his career he played more than 20 minutes/ game, so i think he realizes what a great opportunity this is to make some serious money before his best basketball playing days are over

In a lot of ways security is money for a guy like Mcroberts. He's not a big time star with years of fat paychecks to look forward to, hes a 27 year old role player coming off the best statistical season of his career. This is his first (and quite possibly last) real chance to lock up a nice long term, guaranteed deal.

This season was only the 3rd time in his career he played more than 20 minutes/ game, so i think he realizes what a great opportunity this is to make some serious money before his best basketball playing days are over

Personally, I just think he's trying to capitalize on a good season.

Does McBob want to be in Charlotte, probably. Does that mean he won't leave, absolutely not.

McBob is a good player but he's not $5M good.

Power forward is definitely a position we need to upgrade. So if that means trading Zeller or moving on McBob then so be it because both players are currently back ups in this league.

I would say let's see if we can get Kevin Love first before we attempt to resign McRoberts.

I just don't get this statement. We would have to cripple our team to get love. Say goodbye to MKG, all draft picks this year and future firsts along with zeller and a few more pieces. That's way too much. Would cripple us.

The only way I do something like is if we can get another superstar or a big name to come here in free agency with him. Trade MKG, zeller, 9,24, 45 and a future first for love. The sign someone like deng, lance, parsons, Hayward or melo.

But all that's highly unlikely. And stil wouldn't know if he would resign.

Not even

For once I agree. I like mcroberts but the dude was too inconsistent and wasn't as valuable as it seems. IMO. He did keep the ball moving and score a little bit. But he reminds of what happened with Henderson. Everyone was like he outplayed his contract...... He's a good ball player........ We need to resign him. And now we are stuck with his 6mil a year. Just bc he played ok this year dosent mean we should resign him. If he wants more than 3-4 mil a year show him the door

I just don't get this statement. We would have to cripple our team to get love. Say goodbye to MKG, all draft picks this year and future firsts along with zeller and a few more pieces. That's way too much. Would cripple us.

The only way I do something like is if we can get another superstar or a big name to come here in free agency with him. Trade MKG, zeller, 9,24, 45 and a future first for love. The sign someone like deng, lance, parsons, Hayward or melo.

But all that's highly unlikely. And stil wouldn't know if he would resign.

I don't think it would require all of that.  The Warriors are only discussing trading away two players and a future first, and they're considered the front runners.  We could offer Zeller, Hendo, Neal, our 24th pick and a future first rounder to put us in the mix.

I don't think it would require all of that. The Warriors are only discussing trading away two players and a future first, and they're considered the front runners. We could offer Zeller, Hendo, Neal, our 24th pick and a future first rounder to put us in the mix.

If we offer that not only will the laugh. They will laugh hard while hanging up. That wouldn't even peek their interest otherwise I would do it this second. So we offer a inexperienced 7 ft bench player, a garbage shooting guard who has a high school power forwards dribbling ability, an ok bench player that can shoot but that's about all, a late round first where not much talent will be, and another future late first.

Lol yeah that's not happening. Like I said all our draft picks this year. Futire first and MKG and zeller.

If we offer that not only will the laugh. They will laugh hard while hanging up. That wouldn't even peek their interest otherwise I would do it this second. So we offer a inexperienced 7 ft bench player, a garbage shooting guard who has a high school power forwards dribbling ability, an ok bench player that can shoot but that's about all, a late round first where not much talent will be, and another future late first.

Lol yeah that's not happening. Like I said all our draft picks this year. Futire first and MKG and zeller.

Of course with extra draft picks, you could move up to where you can get falling talent.  In terms of draft picks, it's more than what we're hearing from the Warriors.  I can't really argue the player value compared to what we hear the Warriors are offering, but overall I think our deal would be respectable.  No contending team is going offer the Wolves a lot for Love, considering he can opt out the following year.

Of course with extra draft picks, you could move up to where you can get falling talent. In terms of draft picks, it's more than what we're hearing from the Warriors. I can't really argue the player value compared to what we hear the Warriors are offering, but overall I think our deal would be respectable. No contending team is going offer the Wolves a lot for Love, considering he can opt out the following year.

The thing is that the warriors are trading away an elite shooter who is gonna be an all star in Thompson and lee who is a star pf in some eyes and Barnes who has a lot of upside and a first.

Compared to ours which is zeller who has shown potential but looks like a role player for now, a garbage shooting guard in Henderson, and a older role player in Neal and 24th pick.

That deal ain't happening. They would take golden states offer and they should bc it's a superior offer compared to what u stated

Archived