• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McRoberts turns down player option, will become Free Agent

So with McBob declining the option, here is what the current roster looks like.

PG: Kemba Walker ($3,452,183M)

SG: Gerald Henderson (6M), Gary Neal ($3,250,000M)

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist ($5,016,960M), Jeff Taylor ($915,243K)

PF: Cody Zeller ($4,030,560M)

C: Al Jefferson ($13.5M), Bismack Biyombo ($4,086,453M), Brendan Haywood ($2,000,000M)

The cap for the 2014-15 has risen and is expected to be at $63.2M meaning the Hornets would have $20,948,601M in cap space.

Realistically we need a starting caliber shooting guard and power forward as well as a back up small forward and back up point guard.

Backup SF? We need a starting SF lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

No way they would accept that. Thaddeus is 10x the player Henderson is and moving up 8 spots wouldn't matter much to philly

It would have to be the 9 plus hendo for Young. Main reason it's so high id because of the value difference between Hendo and Young. Since I'm not fond of the options at 9, it wouldn't bother me.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Backup SF? We need a starting SF lol

Dumbest statement ever made on here, get out with the casualness of not knowing MKG was the teams second most important player last season.

1. Al

2. Kemba

3. MKG

Sent from my SGH-M919 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I put MKG ahead of Kemba. Without MKG 103 PP100p, with MKG 93 pp100p. Huge difference and elite defense combined with the fact he's the only player allowed to go off script and go after offense boards = 2nd mip.

He literally single handily turns the starting lineup from one of the worst defenses in the NBA to a top defensive unit.

Dumbest statement ever made on here, get out with the casualness of not knowing MKG was the teams second most important player last season.

Casualness lmao? Usually when the game was on the line he was on the bench. I have nothing against him he's just not a starting SF on a team looking to make the next step. If he drastically improves his shooting then that's another thing but his defender plays so far off of him it closes driving lanes for others.

Casualness lmao? Usually when the game was on the line he was on the bench. I have nothing against him he's just not a starting SF on a team looking to make the next step. If he drastically improves his shooting then that's another thing but his defender plays so far off of him it closes driving lanes for others.

His defensive impact is elite and the keystone of the team and that more then makes up for his limitations on offense

I'd be fine with #9 and Henderson for Young.

That trade only takes up two of the $20 million dollars we have in cap space.

Here's just a mock team

Sign Kirk Hinrich for $6 million, Lance Stephenson for $10 million

Re-sign CDR and Tolliver

Kemba Walker, Kirk Hinrich (sign), Russ Smith (draft)

Lance Stephenson (sign), Jeff Taylor, Gary Neal

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Cleanthony Early (draft), Chris Douglas Roberts

Thaddeus Young, Cody Zeller, Anthony Tolliver

Al Jefferson, Bismack Biyombo, Brendan Haywood

I know some people aren't a fan of Stephenson but he's the best shooting guard available and with the right coaching he should be fine.

Archived