• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT: Why does everyone mock Smart to Orl?

MedellinHeel

ive read a couple of articles claiming the magic are high on him, and have brought him back for a second look. cant see them not going for exum if they keep the fourth pick though... maybe suggests that their considering trading down? i also read that the bucks are high on exum as well, but if they were to take him at #2, orlando would be crazy to pass on one of the other top three

They were apparently going to draft him last year had he stayed in. If they believe Smarts best position is PG in the NBA I don't think Oladipo necessarily changes things, although it wouldn't be a great shooting backcourt. 

They are very similar players. Seems redundant to me. 

They are very similar players. Seems redundant to me. 

If they think Smart can play NBA PG, they likely think they can co-exist. Having multiple backcourt players who are tough, defend, and can rebound isn't exactly a bad thing. They wouldn't be an amazing shooting pair but Oladipo isn't MKG bad at it or anything, they could reasonably expect him to improve to at least a serviceable level. 

If they think Smart can play NBA PG, they likely think they can co-exist. Having multiple backcourt players who are tough, defend, and can rebound isn't exactly a bad thing. They wouldn't be an amazing shooting pair but Oladipo isn't MKG bad at it or anything, they could reasonably expect him to improve to at least a serviceable level. 

Dipo plays the PG position right? 

Both remind me of undersized SG's who play PG. 

Archived