• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey I Just Spotted A Great John Fox Comment

beastson

Foxaroney is rusty and needs TC also!

I like this part the best:

There's also the matter of rookie running back Mike Goodson, their fourth-round pick from Texas A&M. He's not a small guy (6 feet, 212 pounds), but he lacks the kind of inside pop Williams and Stewart possess. But his quickness and outside speed give them a new dimension. They're considering plays where he lines up as a slot receiver (they often split their backs wide in empty backfield sets), but mostly want to give him a chance to touch the ball.

“I think he's going to play a big role,” Delhomme said.

“He's sure running the ball hard. He's a talent. He catches he ball well. ... I think he's going to be another weapon.”

There are other minor tweaks, as well.

Delhomme's got a new quarterbacks coach for the first time since joining the Panthers in Rip Scherer.

Scherer's been putting the quarterbacks through a series of new drills to improve their footwork and mechanics. They'll zig-zag through cones before throwing passes, and then Scherer might lunge at them with a blocking dummy to make them get a ball out at odd angles. Mostly, it's something new.

Not sure. The article is about running the ball already.

Last year, they finished third in the league in rushing, seventh in points scored and 10th in total offense. It's hardly the run and shoot, but with their run, run and run some more style,

I think he is talking about throwing the ball down the field and passing the ball in short and shorter situations. But I could be wrong...

I don't know, but last year he and Jake both effed around and lined up on D. I think they both had INTs.
Yes. In fact, I still have a pic of it! :D

[ATTACH]31219[/ATTACH]

I sure hope the defense doesn't play like they did the 2nd half of last season. Otherwise, we'll be a poor man's Saints, put up a lot but still lose.

:party: Even though I'm sure he meant to say run and pass lol.

No, I think he meant that but was taking out of context. He was being asked about running the ball and said you also have to be able to throw and pass. I don't think he was saying those were the two things you have to do.

Archived