• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com article-Peppers best player in team history.

ctrcat

Their playoff resumes are not comparable.  Smith had a weaker supporting cast his whole career. There is no debate.  Pep is going to the HOF but there is a reason most the educated fanbase prefers Smith over Pep.  And not all of it is from being butthurt about Pep's exodus. 

His logic isn't correct. He chose Montana as the best all time QB, but then chose Rice as the 49ers best player. 

Smith is number one...as of now. But with the loaded Panthers we have that won't last much longer.

Steve Smith had the most big plays and made me say "WOW!" more than any Panther ever so far although Cam is gaining rapidly with the "WOW" plays. I'd take Greg Hardy over Peppers all day because the heart and motor issues with #90. Pep could have been but he never wanted to be, or at least I couldn't see it. He has spent his whole career getting by on talent alone.

I can see an outsider taking that point of view but everybody in NC knows who the greatest Panther of all time is. There goes another chip for the shoulder of #89 though. Lol

Foster had a few runs that were really special and he was a huge part of 03 and 05. Just couldn't stay healthy. His injuries didn't linger like Stewart's too. 

Peppers is one of the best players in franchise history. Why people are upset at him for doing what he wanted with his career is beyond me. 

I agree with you man. I never understood why people hated peppers for leaving. I thought some of our fans went  a little overboard with the Judas posters. I have great memories of Peppers. Peppers running down Michael Vick will forever be etched in my memory. With that being said, Good luck to him for the rest of his career. I am pretty happy with our D-line as monster inc.

He was tired of good Jake bad Jake but Cutler ended up being just the same. Sad really. Sooooo much potential. He could have been the best DE in the NFL with all his natural ability. People are more mad that he didn't reach that potential.

I agree with you man. I never understood why people hated peppers for leaving. I thought some of our fans went a little overboard with the Judas posters. I have great memories of Peppers. Peppers running down Michael Vick will forever be etched in my memory. With that being said, Good luck to him for the rest of his career. I am pretty happy with our D-line as monster inc.

iirc he was close but Vick pulled away. He was wicked fast for a 6'6" 280+lb guy though.

Steve Smith had the most big plays and made me say "WOW!" more than any Panther ever so far although Cam is gaining rapidly with the "WOW" plays. I'd take Greg Hardy over Peppers all day because the heart and motor issues with #90. Pep could have been but he never wanted to be, or at least I couldn't see it. He has spent his whole career getting by on talent alone.

I can see an outsider taking that point of view but everybody in NC knows who the greatest Panther of all time is. There goes another chip for the shoulder of #89 though. Lol

Idk it might just be me but I think #89 was given a blessing in disguise by being released. It gave him more fire or an "additional chip" so it could potentially be a better shot at him making the HOF I could be reading too much into it though

Idk it might just be me but I think #89 was given a blessing in disguise by being released. It gave him more fire or an "additional chip" so it could potentially be a better shot at him making the HOF I could be reading too much into it though

This article could piss him off enough for him to play another 2-3yrs, and play angry.

Archived