• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our D: Let's Be Honest

Delhommey

Ok, so the run D wasn't anything to write home about last year due to sub par DT (esp NT) rotation, so now what?

No Kemo to occupy blockers means no Beason to make plays. Run D suffers greatly. So do we....

1. Go full on Indy and get penetration with the DT's and choke the line with Harris? (and do we have near the offense for this crap shoot?)

2. By miracle find another space eater (or two hahahahaha) and let Beason do his bidding?

What do you see happening?

kemo really wasn't that good and the drop off isn't going to be that bad from what it was going to be anyway, which was middling at best

they should just go all out blitz happy and hope the offense doesn't miss a beat from last year.

I still think that Beason is going to make plenty of plays. Kemo wasnt anything but big and fat....he didnt make any plays at all. I, for one am of the school of thought that the whole huge DTs are necessary in order for you MLB to make plays, is false. Beason is a beast, and its not like we are going to be going out there with 10 guys now. Someone will occupy that space....and its not like Kemo was out there making All Pro teams.

we need situational run guys, but that should allow us to continue to go even-front one gap and stop the run somewhat well. We don't have to have a NT/UT combo of DTs to stop the run, and plenty of one gap teams do just fine without it. At that, I don't think Beason will struggle that much coming off blocks either.

i know this is a long shot to happen. but im trying to stay very optimistic about kemo getting hurt. I'm hoping with the extra playing time there gonna get, one of our young DTs can develop into a quality starter. you ll never really know when one of your low round draft picks or UDFA can turn into a diamond in the rough until they get on the field, and im hoping with one of these guys we've found one.

I still think that Beason is going to make plenty of plays. Kemo wasn't anything but big and fat....he didn't make any plays at all. I, for one am of the school of thought that the whole huge DTs are necessary in order for you MLB to make plays, is false. Beason is a beast, and its not like we are going to be going out there with 10 guys now. Someone will occupy that space....and its not like Kemo was out there making All Pro teams.

Then you would be wrong even the great Ray Lewis complain when he didn't have a big Space eater in front of him (when the ravens lost gregg and saraguso retired before kemo and now naga got their). We need to hope that a space eater falls in our laps some how. Or alot of teams will have Giant type games against us (if you know what I mean). I'm sorry but we don't have Peyton Manning we are not built too always out score teams.

Lewis complain when he didn't have a big Space eater in front of him

see this didn't happen and i vividly remember ray lewis being glad he was gone and other people saying the same thing but for some bizarre reason I can't find any articles either way about it

Archived