• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what is your vibe as of today on the Panthers?

pstall

Having read a little more and thought a little more here's my vibe, as a person who has not been to TC yet:

It's not a lack of intensity that is permeating the Spartanburg air these days. These guys just know what they are capable of. One of the side effects of returning so many starters. They know where they went, what they can do, how to do it, and what went wrong. They are focused, but relaxed among friends.

We're gonna do just fine this year.

I'm not sure how I feel.

On one hand, I am prepared for a letdown, just like '04 and '06. The fact that both times under Fox we went from deep playoff runs to losing seasons is scary to me. Although you might be able to make an excuse for '04 because of the injuries, that makes me immediately think of our lack of depth and how just a few key players injured would most likely topple this team, especially on the offense.

On the other hand, we will be returning 20 of 22 starters, and we finally got rid of Trgo, who has been the bane of my fandom since '05. I look at our players and I think that this team is the closest that Fox has come to realizing the right personnel for his schemes.

I see us falling somewhere between 12-4 and 6-8. If I had to guess right now, I would probably say 10-6 or 9-7. Hopefully that is enough to give us the division or a wild card.

I'm not sure how I feel.

On one hand, I am prepared for a letdown, just like '04 and '06. The fact that both times under Fox we went from deep playoff runs to losing seasons is scary to me. Although you might be able to make an excuse for '04 because of the injuries, that makes me immediately think of our lack of depth and how just a few key players injured would most likely topple this team, especially on the offense.

On the other hand, we will be returning 20 of 22 starters, and we finally got rid of Trgo, who has been the bane of my fandom since '05. I look at our players and I think that this team is the closest that Fox has come to realizing the right personnel for his schemes.

I see us falling somewhere between 12-4 and 6-8. If I had to guess right now, I would probably say 10-6 or 9-7. Hopefully that is enough to give us the division or a wild card.

we lost 17 starters in '04, depth wasn't the problem.. an insane amount of injuries was.. lol

Under Foxs' tenure they have never had back to back winning seasons,lack of depth at both o-line and d-line.I think the offense will do good,especially the running game until injuries riddle the magificent 5 lineman,no good back ups on the 0-line.The secondary will improve because that is Meek's specialty,the linebackers will do good,but the d-line is questionable.I predict a good bit of interceptions but other teams will run on the Panthers w/imputiny.I hope they find a way to stop the run.I predict around 8-8,give or take a couple of games,so basically between 6-10 and 10-6 !

WE HAVE DEPTH....

Just unproven depth......

thats what our "proven" depth was before they got the chance, lets hope for the same result...

We had some unproven depth last year, let's hope they turn out the same as last year..

No I know that, but that's why our depth scares me. It would take potentially 1/4th that amount to kill our season.

I got ya.. let's hope for another healthy season.. and our backups come through if needed...

Under Foxs' tenure they have never had back to back winning seasons,lack of depth at both o-line and d-line.I think the offense will do good,especially the running game until injuries riddle the magificent 5 lineman,no good back ups on the 0-line.The secondary will improve because that is Meek's specialty,the linebackers will do good,but the d-line is questionable.I predict a good bit of interceptions but other teams will run on the Panthers w/imputiny.I hope they find a way to stop the run.I predict around 8-8,give or take a couple of games,so basically between 6-10 and 10-6 !

You can not say that we don not have any good backups. they are unproven...they may prove to be more than adequate.

With the the 13th pick in the draft, the San Francisco 49er's select...

...(later on, that same day)...

With the 32nd pick in the draft, the pick the Super Bowl champions traded to select NFL Rookie MVP Everette Brown, the San Francisco 49ers select...

( they do get two next year ;) )

I have to believe good things, doubt gets us nowhere. You can analyze statistics and look at past history and calculate percentages and yada yada yada but you can NEVER be sure of what the future holds. I had a GREAT vibe (and for the matter a great buzz) going into the Arizona game in the playoffs last year, and both wore off quickly no matter how much I drank. Nearly every single statistic every prediction and every anchor pointed to the Panthers for the win. Everyone remembers how well that went. Run the ball in december and january, run the ball in the cold and the rain, Arizona loses on the east coast, Carolina wins at home, Carolina has a bye week, Arizona's star #2 receiver is injured, Arizona is 10-7, Carolina is 12-4, ... the list goes on.

If we went off history/statistics/vibes the Patriots would play the Giants over and over again in the Super Bowl year in and year out. How many analysts truly thought the Giants could win in Super Bowl 42, or that the Steelers would play the Cardinals in Super Bowl 43? Who are they predicting will win the 44th? I'm fairly certain most of them think it will be the Patriots.

I'm a huge fan of this team and this sport, and the unpredictability of every year's outcome. I love the Panthers, I love the organization, it's players and it's management. I'm tired of hearing about Fox's past, or Delhomme's inability, or Julius' work ethic, or how unproven our defense will be. I hear every day from my co-workers about how much Delhomme "sucks." All of it, water on rocks, I shed that stuff just as quickly as they spit it out. As a fan I have faith in the Panthers and their ability to overcome adversity, so I'm asking you all to quiet your disbelief and help me show this team the support and respect they deserve.

GO PANTHERS!

Archived