• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what is your vibe as of today on the Panthers?

pstall

I think we have a good team but our lack of depth is gonna hurt us. Its just a matter of time before someone on the O-line goes down cause it always happens. We have never had a season under fox when all our O-line was health the whole year. I still feel we have enough talent and good coaching to make it into the playoffs though. I just dont see our D crumbling like it did last year and I think we have a good enough Offense to play with every team we face this year.

I don't know how we can know anything at this point. Last year there were tons of questions about Jake, Smitty was suspended, our offense was a big question mark and the defense was supposed to be our strength.

Instead the offense was the juggernaut, the defense started strong and faded fast and we didn't know we would make the playoffs until the season was almost over.

Urgency/ smurgency. When the season starts I expect we will come out ready to play.

As for Fox- He still isn't going anywhere.

I get the feeling this is gonna be one of those injury filled seasons 7-9ish season.

Hopefully the games will be fun to watch but i absolutely despise losing so I'm not sure how much fun a 7-9 season can actually be

Man, some of you have some awful powerful powers of prognostication to be able to predict the outcome of the season off of 3 days of practices. I am truly amazed. Can you start putting out some kind of newsletter to just kinda let me in on what is going to happen in other areas of life? Maybe stock market tips, lottery numbers, things of that nature?

Is Kemo going down really that big of a deal, or do you really just like to bring doom and gloom? Its going to be a LONG ass season if we are already out of it in the first week of August. Maybe I should just save the 250 bucks for the Sunday Ticket.

I think that we'll make the playoffs again this year and even win the NFC South again. But unless we're willing to adapt during games and overcome problems, we'll fall short agian. We tried to force our gameplan to work against the Cards in the playoff. It obvisouly wasn't working, on O or D, but we refused to change. You don't let one WR bet you up and down the field, man up on and shadow, you adapt. I don't care who you are, you don't let your QB throw 5 Int's in a game, you pull him, you overcome.

I dont care-- I always feel good about the team this time of year.

You all should too. We are 0-0 and have a bad ass offense.

Im drinking the coolaid, having Super Bowl dreams and waiting for game 1

Im in for a great ride, cant wait either.

I will wait to be pissed when the team gives me a reason to doubt them...

i'm on the fence. Kemo's value was obvious vs the Giants last year so it sucks that he is gone, but stepping in are players that are more Meeks' style so it could be all good.

Zod, You seem to have called the playoff appearance last year. Have you done this in the past, and how many times have you been right?

I am pretty nervous about the hiring of Meeks.

Same can be said for Kemo going down.

Will Jake bounce back?

Can we maintain health on the O line.

Going OT,CB, LB, RB, LB, RB in the first rounds has hamstrung us on the DL.

The last D tackle that we have taken higher than the 6th was Ellison, and we know how that worked out. We have done a good job of getting some starters for the O line, but not so much for the D line.

I think that we can still win the division, but it will not be easy, and we certainly won't have a 12-4 season like we did last year.

Said it before and I will say it again. Last year we had the best shot of making a serious push to win the big one, and we ran out of gas. For the most part we were totally healthy, and were having some pretty good luck, and we screwed the pooch. To win the big one, you have to Run the ball, stop the run, stay healthy, and have some luck.

We didn't get it done.

I don't know how we can know anything at this point. Last year there were tons of questions about Jake, Smitty was suspended, our offense was a big question mark and the defense was supposed to be our strength.

Instead the offense was the juggernaut, the defense started strong and faded fast and we didn't know we would make the playoffs until the season was almost over.

Urgency/ smurgency. When the season starts I expect we will come out ready to play.

As for Fox- He still isn't going anywhere.

Your damn close to becoming my spiritual guru.

Archived