• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ working out for Hornets June 4th

teeray

I like Hairston because of his ability to create match-up problems.

At 6'5", 230 he can take you down low, he's also quick enough to take you off the dribble, and we all know that he's a very good three point shooter.

Defensively he'll have a great chance to succeed. He's bigger and stronger than most two guards in this league and his lateral quickness is pretty good as well.

Overall his game and his body translate better to the NBA level then just about any two guard in this draft.

His character concerns and not being on the tube playing against Duke, Syracuse, Iowa State etc. really dropped his stock and some teams still think he's immature.

Talent wise, he has all the tools to be a great scorer in the NBA, something the Hornets desperately need.

wow, you're not smart

Point out 1 thing that I said that wasn't "smart" and tell me why I'm wrong.  (And please, let it be something other than "But...but... muh HEELS! WOOO TARRRR...TARRR...."

PJ Hairston is not a lottery pick.  It will be a monumental reach for a team to try and take him top 10.  I really hope the Hornets aren't the suckers that do it.

I dont particularly want Hairston at 9 but the other guys available there just arent much better.  You arent going to get a guy at 9 without question marks.

Acting like Stauskas or Harris are way ahead of him just doesnt make sense.  They are both good prospects but neither are strong enough right now to defend wing players in the NBA (both weighed in at 205 at the combine).  PJ has the size and shooting to step in and play in the rotation right away

Point out 1 thing that I said that wasn't "smart" and tell me why I'm wrong. (And please, let it be something other than "But...but... muh HEELS! WOOO TARRRR...TARRR...."

PJ Hairston is not a lottery pick. It will be a monumental reach for a team to try and take him top 10. I really hope the Hornets aren't the suckers that do it.

Why is he not a lottery pick?

I keep seeing you say this, but you haven't backed it up with one fact.

Maybe you should learn to separate college ball from pro ball. Most Carolina fans have, that's why we pull for MKG and Henderson and the Hornets.

Why is he not a lottery pick?

I keep seeing you say this, but you haven't backed it up with one fact.

Maybe you should learn to separate college ball from pro ball. Most Carolina fans have, that's why we pull for MKG and Henderson and the Hornets.

I have learned to separate college from pro ball.  Hence why I loved having Felton on the team, MKG, Henderson, etc.  I just know that many "PJ to Charlotte" supporters are just saying it because he played for Carolina.

The guy put up pedestrian #'s in the D-League.  20 PPG in the D-League is not worthy of a top 10 pick.  Guys like Alade Aminu put up 17 PPG.  Hairston is in scoring company with the likes of:

Kevin Murphy

Devin Ebanks

Frank Gaines

Flip Murray

Ron Howard

Tiny Gallon

etc...

Not to mention he has very questionable character, which is a giant red flag.  Not something we need on a young team that really gelled last season.

I have learned to separate college from pro ball. Hence why I loved having Felton on the team, MKG, Henderson, etc. I just know that many "PJ to Charlotte" supporters are just saying it because he played for Carolina.

The guy put up pedestrian #'s in the D-League. 20 PPG in the D-League is not worthy of a top 10 pick. Guys like Alade Aminu put up 17 PPG. Hairston is in scoring company with the likes of:

Kevin Murphy

Devin Ebanks

Frank Gaines

Flip Murray

Ron Howard

Tiny Gallon

etc...

Not to mention he has very questionable character, which is a giant red flag. Not something we need on a young team that really gelled last season.

So you are knocking him for putting up 21 points per game in the d-league in his first season on solid shooting numbers while showcasing his abilities in numerous ways (driving, catch and shoot, perimeter game, etc.).

It took most of those guys you mentioned two plus years to put up 20+ points per game. Not to mention that the D-League has just as good if not better competition than the NCAA. Most of the guys in the D-League were college all-stars and drafted.

Just a tidbit of info but Penn State, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, and Nebraska aren't exactly world beaters when it comes to the college basketball ranks (all teams that Harris and Stauskas played against). I guess I'm going to discredit what Harris and Stauskas did in the Big 10 because other than three school's the talent just wasn't there this year.

Are you starting to see how little weight your argument holds?

I watched both of his 40+ point games in the D-League on YouTube and came away extremely impressed, I encourage you to do the same before making statements that hold little weight.

Since when is 205 too small to guard SGs?

PJ may have better measurables than Harris, but that doesn't make him the better defender... Not even close.

Being 205, 6'3" is going to be a bitch for Harris. There is no other way to put it.

He's not as tenacious on defense as a Gerald Henderson and unless he becomes like Henderson he could very well struggle. He's also not even close to being athletic as Henderson. I give Henderson sh*t, but for his size he is a solid player and his tenacity and athleticism is unquestionable.

Not to mention that he is going to have a difficult time going up against guys that are two+ inches taller than him. If you've played basketball you understand how much two inches is when someone is in your grill out on the perimeter.

Since when is 205 too small to guard SGs? 

PJ may have better measurables than Harris, but that doesn't make him the better defender... Not even close. 

Not a lot of guys come in that small and play right away, because strength is a factor guarding NBA wings.  And if they do play they are often a liability at the defensive end.

You can do it, guys like Klay Thompson, Nick Young, OJ Mayo, Bradley Beal, and Brandon Roy came in at that weight and contributed as rookies, but none of those guys are good on defense.

More often guys get relegated to the bench (like Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Austin Rivers) or get moved out of position (Oladipo moved to PG, even Kevin Durant was forced to play as a SG his rookie year) until they develop more

I dont particularly want Hairston at 9 but the other guys available there just arent much better.  You arent going to get a guy at 9 without question marks.

Acting like Stauskas or Harris are way ahead of him just doesnt make sense.  They are both good prospects but neither are strong enough right now to defend wing players in the NBA (both weighed in at 205 at the combine).  PJ has the size and shooting to step in and play in the rotation right away

Exactly

I like Hairston because of his ability to create match-up problems.

At 6'5", 230 he can take you down low, he's also quick enough to take you off the dribble, and we all know that he's a very good three point shooter.

Defensively he'll have a great chance to succeed. He's bigger and stronger than most two guards in this league and his lateral quickness is pretty good as well.

Overall his game and his body translate better to the NBA level then just about any two guard in this draft.

His character concerns and not being on the tube playing against Duke, Syracuse, Iowa State etc. really dropped his stock and some teams still think he's immature.

Talent wise, he has all the tools to be a great scorer in the NBA, something the Hornets desperately need.

Very good exactly how I see PJ'S potential in the nba.

Archived