• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ working out for Hornets June 4th

teeray

If we keep the 9 pick I think he would be the safest bet on who will pan out in the league. I think he's learned his lesson and we have the group of guys that can keep him from falling into questionable activities.Coach Clifford has said before that we have the type of locker room where he would feel comfortable bringing in someone with a questionable character. The only real question is PJ Worth the risk?

I think he is, he want be around for that 2nd pick.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

If PJ played in college this year, he would probably be picked around the 10-12 selection. Even though he played in the D-league I feel he will still be picked in the lottery. Is 9 a reach? Not sure. Ive been wanting Staus for his pure shooting and I haven't been convinced otherwise yet. But I do feel like PJ has lottery ability. If the Hornets want it Im on board, but am skeptical that will be the pick. This is coming from a non-UNC fan.

He definitely is reasonable at 9 for the simple fact he could blow up workouts from now until the draft. We have seen it happen before. And i dont get the hype over Gary Harris, dude is just not that good to me. I wouldnt take him over Stauk or PJ.

People hate Harris because he doesn't have the highest of ceilings and isn't flashy.

I'd rather have him on my team than ball-stopper PJ or no-defense Stauskas, though. 

None of these guys are going to be stars in the NBA. I'll take the guy who I think is most likely to be a contributing player, and Harris is that guy. Not only can he score (maybe not as well as PJ or Stauskas, but he has NBA-level scoring ability), he's a great defender and a willing passer. He's going to have a long NBA career as a role player, which I'm not sure I can say about PJ or Stauskas. 

Being a lottery pick is relative in this draft because after you get past pick ten (and possibly even pick eight) everyone is pretty much on the same playing field.

The talent is pretty level from pick 10 to pick 25 so if we think Hairston is the best fit for us then we're going to take him whether that be at 9, 24, or in a trade down scenario.

Oh by the way, Hairston killed his workout today.

Archived