• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Proehl on 1st visit with Kelvin Benjamin: "I was in awe to be honest"

Here are the heights + verticals for some WRs.

Calvin Johnson - 120

Larry Fitzgerald - 110

Kelvin Benjamin - 109

AJ Green - 109

Sammy Watkins - 107

This takes no consideration for wing span. Benjamin's wingspan is HUGE

From head to toe, sure Kelvin is 6'5. Measure the beast with his hands up.

this isn't meant to be a comparison but

calvin johnson drops a poo ton of balls and nobody really talks about it. its moments that matter like you said. but i will say in the NFL every moment really matters.

I am sorry, but CJ does not drop a poo ton of passes. The only Lion that has the dropsies is Pedigrew.

IDK why people says he runs a 4.61 40 when he ran a 4.53 At the Combine, 1:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UvGY-WWar8

But, but, but, that poor vert? And his athletic limitations?

Folks will say anything to make their point/hate seem more pertinent. Very few take any time, or energy, what so ever before hitting post.

If you take every Huddler at their word? Oopsy for you.

I am sorry, but CJ does not drop a poo ton of passes. The only Lion that has the dropsies is Pedigrew.

But, but, but, that poor vert? And his athletic limitations?

Folks will say anything to make their point/hate seem more pertinent. Very few take any time, or energy, what so ever before hitting post.

If you take every Huddler at their word? Oopsy for you.

cj had 8 drops which is in the top 10 last year. 4 behind the leader brandon marshall

edit 8 is tied for 3rd worst

IDK why people says he runs a 4.61 40 when he ran a 4.53 At the Combine, 1:31

I believe it's Charlie Casserly who sits in the stands and hand times the 40's and relays them to the NFL Network crew. Later during the combine they release the official 40 times and Kelvin's was 4.61

cj had 8 drops which is in the top 10 last year. 4 behind the leader brandon marshall

edit 8 is tied for 3rd worst

Not sure where you got that stat. I can assure you, as a Lions fan, if he gets his hands on it, it's pretty much his.

I am not saying he is perfect. But damm close.

If you are assessing Megatron as an unreliable drop prone WR then you are way off base and have unrealistic expectations.

By sheer number of targets into double and triple teams he will be a league leader in drops. As will B Marshall, Demarius Thomas etc.

for sure

if you wanna look at percentages though

Desean Jackson has a 2.8% drop rate with 126 targets

Alshon Jefferey 3.4% drop rate with 149 targets

B Marshall 7.3% drop rate with 164 targets so 15 more targets

Calvin Johnson 5.1% drop rate with 157 more targets so 8 more targets than Jefferey...

sorry but CJ had a bit of the dropsies last year which is very unusual for him. I remember watching one game he had 3 drops in. Marshall has been known to have drop problems though.

Not sure where you got that stat. I can assure you, as a Lions fan, if he gets his hands on it, it's pretty much his.

I am not saying he is perfect. But damm close.

google.com

last year was an anomaly for megatron but he did hit a rough patch there for a bit.

Archived