• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Proehl on 1st visit with Kelvin Benjamin: "I was in awe to be honest"

Proehl on his first visit with KB when scouting WR prospects:

"I was in awe to be honest with you."

"A guy his size and the way he just caught the ball ... just natural, just like a vacuum," Proehl said.

Proehl on KB at the rookie weekend camp:

"You look at him, if he can grow and develop into the receiver I think he can be, he's going to a huge asset for Cam," Proehl said

Bn3_lG4CIAEKDmX.jpg

Proehl tweeted this pic and wrote: 'Young Buc has game'

Benjamin's leaping catch over the middle with two defenders all over him near the end of Saturday's rookie camp left everyone in awe.

"That's what he brings," Proehl said. "He can make great catches like that because of his size. A normal person is not going to make that catch. With his reach, he's probably 11 feet, 12 feet in the air making that catch.

"Other guys may not have an opportunity to touch the ball, let alone catch it."

ESPN beat writer for Panthers, Dave Newton:

"I believe Benjamin will be better than Smith was going to be at 35. If not, follow Proehl on Twitter before next year's draft as he seeks more talent.

All you had to do was follow the Twitter timeline of Carolina Panthers wide receivers coach Ricky Proehl if you wanted to know where the best receivers in the country were before the NFL draft" (shows list of dates and the WRs Proehl visited starting with Cooks, ending with KB, with Lee,

Latimer, Matthews, Adams, Beckham, Landry, Herron, etc in between)

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=carolina-panthers&id=6640&src=desktop&wjb

On draft day Prohel did say "looking for Big things today" or something to that extent. Dangerously telegraphing a Panther target on Twitter IMO.

Gald we have him.

The good thing is: With Benjamin's size, build and weight, he takes up/creates space on top of his height and extension, and won't necessarily be out "physical'd", unless he's soft, which he certainly appears not. 

Can't wait!

If Proehl is guffawing like this already over Benjamin, I'm sure they're either a lot KB has to give, and/or that's how much last years receivers didn't [give], and he's happy to have someone that finally may?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't guffaw mean to laugh really loud? I don't think proehl is guffawing at KB

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't guffaw mean to laugh really loud? I don't think proehl is guffawing at KB

No, you're correct. 

However, I typed to fast and maybe didn't illustrate it the best. 

I meant, Proehl must be like, "Oh my god I can't believe we got this guy (mouth wide open), and I'm laughing all the way to, hopefully the Pro and Superbowl". "I can't believe it"! I.E. He's Slappin His Knees happy, uncontrollably ecstatic to have KB. 

No, you're correct. 

However, I typed to fast and maybe didn't illustrate it the best. 

I meant, Proehl must be like, "Oh my god I can't believe we got this guy (mouth wide open), and I'm laughing all the way to, hopefully the Pro and Superbowl". "I can't believe it"! I.E. He's Slappin His Knees happy, uncontrollably ecstatic to have KB. 

Basically, Proehl is gushing over Benjamin.  That's the word I used last night before I accidentally lost my text, got disgusted and went to bed.  

I hope this organization isn't trying to make KB like how Steve was for the next 7 something years. We can draft another one within coming years as well if they're not trying to bring in FA 

That's the one thing that does annoy me. It took this long for them to bring in a great young target with potential.  The closest we did to that was D.J. and Keary.  I can only imagine Steve with KB.

Archived