• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurst Impressing

MedellinHeel

Oh UNC fanboys. Your endless homerism would make more sense if your team wasn't a trashheap of mediocrity.

Lol 

We won the coastal two years ago in Fed's first year. Had a very strong finish to the season last year culminating in a bowl blowout considering our starting QB got injured mid way through the season. 

Keep doubting. 

So if Benjamin impresses in camp then it's because he's good, but if Hurst looks good it doesn't matter since Armanti Edwards looked good.

That's essentially what is being implied.

Hurst was one of the best left tackles in the country before he got injured, talent and ability was never in question... if he's healthy of course he's going to look good.

EVERY team passed on Hurst for 7 rounds....just like we did.

18 teams offered him an UDFA contract...I bet we are one of them.

Based on this....we made the correct decision.  He just picked a different team.

Get over it.

I am 'over" it. I am an "is what it is" type of person.  That doesn't mean it can't be discussed on the Huddle. You guys need to get over it 

It's way too early to say if we made the "correct" decision, or the "incorrect" decision.  At this point it is still all very much guess work, and like I told someone else in another thread: There is probably a higher degree of guessing when it comes to these matters than anyone is willing to admit---whether layman or professional.

Oh UNC fanboys. Your endless homerism would make more sense if your team wasn't a trashheap of mediocrity.

UNC student & diehard here. I never get the hype.

Didn't think they'd be anything special last year despite all of the Carolina fan hype. Still don't think they'll be anything special, albeit a bit more optimistic than I was this time last year, despite those super early rankings and some hype.

But then again, UNC was my least favorite college team in both sports before I was a student here simply because most "fans" are absolute idiots and have zero ties to the school. It's a total Steelers / Lakers type bandwagon fanbase, and the majority of them don't even know that much about anything UNC anyways.

But I digress. Thus is sports.

Lol 

We won the coastal two years ago in Fed's first year. Had a very strong finish to the season last year culminating in a bowl blowout considering our starting QB got injured mid way through the season. 

Keep doubting. 

"Yeah? Well I'll have you know we totally made the conf championship that one time when our coach basically had people sit in exams for our players AND NOW HELL YEAH THIS YEAR WE'RE TOTALLY GOING TO THE SUN BOWL TO GET BLOWN OUT NO ONE IS GONNA STOP US SUCK IT HATERZ!!!"

"Yeah? Well I'll have you know we totally made the conf championship that one time when our coach basically had people sit in exams for our players AND NOW HELL YEAH THIS YEAR WE'RE TOTALLY GOING TO THE SUN BOWL TO GET BLOWN OUT NO ONE IS GONNA STOP US SUCK IT HATERZ!!!"

Cut the sh*t...

NCSU fans say the same thing when talking about David Thompson... "We would have more than two lousy championships if our players knew the rules."

Just out a pipe in it because you guys have had your fair share of violations.

Acting holier than though makes you look ignorant because you don't even know your own teams history.

Cut the sh*t...

NCSU fans say the same thing when talking about David Thompson... "We would have more than two lousy championships if our players knew the rules."

Just out a pipe in it because you guys have had your fair share of violations.

Acting holier than though makes you look ignorant because you don't even know your own teams history.

National_Championship_Trophy_Florida_Sta

bowden-15.jpg

s_bowden_i.jpg

Every GM misses on late round and UDFA gems every year so not sure your point.

To that I would say step your scouting game up.

Obviously we don't know if any of those gems are LT's yet, but the point still remains.

'Step my scouting game up...' :lol:

I forgot you believe you can judge just as well as a professional personnel guy because you search the internet and watch YouTube :rolleyes:

So if Benjamin impresses in camp then it's because he's good, but if Hurst looks good it doesn't matter since Armanti Edwards looked good.

That's essentially what is being implied.

Hurst was one of the best left tackles in the country before he got injured, talent and ability was never in question... if he's healthy of course he's going to look good.

'Impressive in minicamp' is one of those things that's cool to hear, but ultimately meaningless.

Even in the rookie camp threads, you'll find people saying "cool but it's just minicamp."

'Step my scouting game up...' :lol:

I forgot you believe you can judge just as well as a professional personnel guy because you search the internet and watch YouTube :rolleyes:

I am not the one drafting, thus my acumen is not relevant to this discussion whether good or bad. 

So it is "your/their" and not "my". 

Archived