• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurst Impressing

MedellinHeel

Somebody gets it. +1

you and him are pushing a false dichotomy

there are probably not that many people on this board who think that gettleman is untouchable and is incapable of making a mistake.  there are, however, plenty who think that if you're not kicking the chair over an undrafted free agent then that's what you're doing.

we can still get Hurst once the Ravens cut him or put him on the practice squad. If they keep Hurst on their 53, then one or both or the other two tackles the Ravens got as UDFAs could be worth grabbing...

Parker Graham (6-7/308) - started last 31 games for Oklahoma State (17 at LT, 8 at RG, 6 at RT) - 2013 First-Team All-Big 12 (coaches, media)

Brett Van Sloten (6-5/301) - Iowa's starting RT for last two years (last 25 games straight): 2013 2ndT All-Big Ten (coaches), honorable mention All-Big Ten (media), 3rdT All-Big Ten Phil Steele

In total, the Ravens signed three undrafted free agent tackles. And like Hurst , the other two — Brett Van Sloten from Iowa and Parker Graham from Oklahoma State — were both all -conference selections last season .

"All three of those guys, very happy with them," Harbaugh said. "I think they're all going to make a run. Of course, Hurst at the left tackle draws my attention a lot. He has very good feet. He seems like he's picking it up quickly. He likes to practice. He has a heavy punch."

Yeah, our GM wagered his entire draft on a player that the entire league passed on for 7 entire rounds.

And yes he was ready-made to replace a vet probowler. Dude....come on, mayne!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The fact that G-man didn't have to wager his draft on this guy, and could have acquired him with a late round pick is what makes some people scratch their heads. Furthermore, it wasn't necessarily about replacing Gross right away (even Gross wasn't a Pro Bowler early in his career), it was about drafting a late round pick that naturally played the specific position---a guy that before he got hurt graded out as a second or third rounder by most---to replace Byron Bell or Nate Chandler.  At the very least Hurst could have been in the mix, and if he didn't work out, then it's not like we would have had a whole lot invested.

we can still get Hurst once the Ravens cut him or put him on the practice squad. If they keep Hurst on their 53, then one or both or the other two tackles the Ravens got as UDFAs could be worth grabbing...

Parker Graham (6-7/308) - started last 31 games for Oklahoma State (17 at LT, 8 at RG, 6 at RT) - 2013 First-Team All-Big 12 (coaches, media)

Brett Van Sloten (6-5/301) - Iowa's starting RT for last two years (last 25 games straight): 2013 2ndT All-Big Ten (coaches), honorable mention All-Big Ten (media), 3rdT All-Big Ten Phil Steele

In total, the Ravens signed three undrafted free agent tackles. And like Hurst , the other two — Brett Van Sloten from Iowa and Parker Graham from Oklahoma State — were both all -conference selections last season .

"All three of those guys, very happy with them," Harbaugh said. "I think they're all going to make a run. Of course, Hurst at the left tackle draws my attention a lot. He has very good feet. He seems like he's picking it up quickly. He likes to practice. He has a heavy punch."

I like where your head is at. +1

there are probably not that many people on this board who think that gettleman is untouchable and is incapable of making a mistake.  there are, however, plenty who think that if you're not kicking the chair over an undrafted free agent then that's what you're doing.

Pretty much.

The one I posted on this forum. Youtube is your friend if you can not find that post I made.

I was just asking a question. Don't get snarky with me sweetness.

If you take a defensive stance every time you are asked a question, it means you are doing something incorrectly.

Yeah, right! No one is pushing anything.  Appears to me like guys are just being too damned sensitive to admit that their precious G-man is not perfect. 

Like I've always said, I support G-man, but not to the point where I am not going to question any moves that I don't agree with. 

Furthermore, I have already explained why people would bring Hurst up, and it makes sense, even if you don't agree with it.

I was just asking a question. Don't get snarky with me sweetness.

If you take a defensive stance every time you are asked a question, it means you are doing something incorrectly.

Forgive me. I am catching lots of heat lately with my views on our OT situation haha. 

Yeah, right! No one is pushing anything.  Appears to me like guys are just being too damned sensitive to admit that their precious G-man is not perfect. 

Like I've always said, I support G-man, but not to the point where I am not going to question any moves that I don't agree with. 

Furthermore, I have already explained why people would bring Hurst up, and it makes sense, even if you don't agree with it.

you read my post right

i mean, you did right

Archived