• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurst Impressing

MedellinHeel

UNC homers are pathetic.  Once again, Clowney only had 1 sack in 3 GAMES.  Does that mean the other 10-11 Left Tackles that held him sackless last year are elite? NO  The fact that's the only thing every Tarhole comes back to about Hurst shows you had sad he is.  

I am gonna be pissed if we passed on this dude late in the draft and he turns out to be a stud. Hometown guy, held is own against Clowney, minor injury with short recovery time, good prognosis etc.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-undrafted-rookie-tackle-james-hurst-makes-good-first-impression-with-ravens-20140519,0,3375207.story

As a UNC fan I am rooting for him.

are you serious?

I can't even begin to list all the players the panthers passed over that I wanted, and they had good/bad careers.

It doesn't matter. Let it go and move on.

Or buy your own NFL franchise.

OK, I get the "he's not a Panther" argument, but the fact other tackle-needy teams passed on him doesn't move me. I am not buying the "it's early" argument either.  If I had to bet, G-man probably was gambling that Hurts would come to us as a UDFA. If that's the case, he hedged his bet and crapped out. 

As for anything else, Hurst was in our backyard. We should have known his potential more than anyone (and perhaps we did). He was almost a ready-made fit for a huge loss (if not sooner, then some time later).  

As for bringing him up, we all know why.  The draft is still fresh on our minds, and of course some people are going to look at the status of such a logical prospect and perhaps weigh it against what our untouchable GM (or, so it is seemingly in the minds of many) has done in his second draft.

It's not like it's there's much else to discuss these days.  Everyone is waiting for the season to gear up in earnest.

Maybe we did reach out to him...and he chose Baltimore.

Hurst said on why he chose the Ravens:

"We (my agent and I) saw that they may have a need for O - linemen on the team , ” Hurst said . “And as an O - lineman, I want to go somewhere to give myself a good opportunity to make a team . …

“When everything kind of settled, it was the right place for me .”

OK, I get the "he's not a Panther" argument, but the fact other tackle-needy teams passed on him doesn't move me. I am not buying the "it's early" argument either.  If I had to bet, G-man probably was gambling that Hurts would come to us as a UDFA. If that's the case, he hedged his bet and crapped out. 

As for anything else, Hurst was in our backyard. We should have known his potential more than anyone (and perhaps we did). He was almost a ready-made fit for a huge loss (if not sooner, then some time later).  

As for bringing him up, we all know why.  The draft is still fresh on our minds, and of course some people are going to look at the status of such a logical prospect and perhaps weigh it against what our untouchable GM (or, so it is seemingly in the minds of many) has done in his second draft.

It's not like it's there's much else to discuss these days.  Everyone is waiting for the season to gear up in earnest.

Somebody gets it. +1

Now where have I heard this before?  Let's see...

Edwards impressive in minicamp

Jarrett looking impressive in minicamp

QB Weinke impressive in minicamp

And I'm sure if you searched, you could find a thousand articles about guys who were 'impressive' in minicamp with various teams.  Some of them proved to be good players.  Others just looked good minus the pads.

Speaking of which, as has been repeated numerous times here of late, linemen are the most difficult players to judge when there are no pads and no hitting.

Talk to me when he looks 'impressive' in an actual game.

OK, I get the "he's not a Panther" argument, but the fact other tackle-needy teams passed on him doesn't move me. I am not buying the "it's early" argument either. If I had to bet, G-man probably was gambling that Hurts would come to us as a UDFA. If that's the case, he hedged his bet and crapped out.

Yeah, our GM wagered his entire draft on a player that the entire league passed on for 7 entire rounds.

And yes he was ready-made to replace a vet probowler. Dude....come on, mayne!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

What is this "Untouchable GM" stuff? There are people who question some of his decisions, people who complain about every single move he makes, and others who trust his judgement more than the anonymous usernames on the internet with a documented history of complaining about everything. Untouchable means untouchable....but seems the majority of the posters here at least question his moves if not all out hate everything he does. 

Archived