• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurst Impressing

MedellinHeel

I saw the Kurb hammer get ya. But just in case. I want to add this.

UDFAs can sign where they want, or not sign. (We may have offered a handful of OTs a contract. We don't know.) Do you skip over that? Or because it doesn't fit your argument, it doesn't count?

Just because a few high draft picks and UDFAs fall through the cracks, out of 1300 kids. GMs, and scouting depts. in general do a poor job scouting? Is that right?

Dude, you just don't get it do you? I guess when you get out of school you will have to start your own scouting service. So all those folks who haven't a clue can come to you.

Almost 13,ooo kids play College Football. And because a handful get passed over, everyone is bad at it?

Well Okay then.

Yes I know UDFA's can sign where they want. As to your question, my response would be, if you have located a diamond in the rough, then you shouldn't risk not spending a late round pick on them and them heading else where. 

No, what makes a GM or scouting department poor, is whiffing on picks and not finding value late. In addition to failing to fill / improve needs during the draft and FA. 

Whether our FO passing up on OT's in the draft will come back to bite us remains to be seen. I actually have faith in DG. Well, much more faith in him than say Shula. 

Archived