• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurst Impressing

MedellinHeel

Two questions.  Since no one drafted Hurst, why is it DG's fault he did the same.  I wonder what they all knew which made him drop?

Second, who said we didn't try and sign him to a UDFA contract after the draft.  We have our eyes on a bunch of guys and try to sign a bunch of them.  But they can go wherever they want to go.  So obviously Chicago got him but it is far from unclear if the Panthers or any other teams may have made him an offer as well.  The only thing that is clear is that 32 teams had at least 7 chances to draft him and passed.

He went to Baltimore....just sayin'  ;)

On another note ECU has had more than just late rounders and UDFAs in the past 5 or 6 years.  Besides Chris Johnson going in the first round in 2008, Linval Joseph went in the second round in 2009.  They don't get the press that UNC and other ACC schools get but they produce some NFL quality players.

With so many talented players at UNC who get drafted high, riddle me why they seem to suck every year.  You would think they would win the ACC at least once or twice in the last 30 years.

He went to Baltimore....just sayin'  ;)

Thanks, I just saw that.  This article said he got 17 offers and I suspect one was from us as well.  Apparently teams passed on him because he broke his leg and it was still not 100% on his pro day. You could argue we should have used a 6th or 7th rounder on him but apparently Baltimore didn't draft a left tackle either but got lucky landing him.  Read elsewhere he wanted to play for the Indianapolis Colts but must have not gotten an offer.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-undrafted-rookie-tackle-james-hurst-makes-good-first-impression-with-ravens-20140519,0,3375207.story

On another note ECU has had more than just late rounders and UDFAs in the past 5 or 6 years.  Besides Chris Johnson going in the first round in 2008, Linval Joseph went in the second round in 2009.  They don't get the press that UNC and other ACC schools get but they produce some NFL quality players.

With so many talented players at UNC who get drafted high, riddle me why they seem to suck every year.  You would think they would win the ACC at least once or twice in the last 30 years.

Yeah, when Butch was there he had a insane knack for finding talent and recruiting.  Sadly though, he never was a good coach.  Plus, the players were in trouble quite a bit.  If only that 2010 year the defense would've had all their players and been as good as the offense.  That could've been a special team.  

When you put that many people who are barely literate together it's hard to be successful?

It's not because of your views. It's because of how you've expressed your views over and over and over again.

And I will continue to express my views both positive and negative as I deem fit / when relevant to the discussion. 

My next issue is gonna be Shula come reg season so you might better put me on ignore if you don't want to hear them. 

And I will continue to express my views both positive and negative as I deem fit / when relevant to the discussion. 

My next issue is gonna be Shula come reg season so you might better put me on ignore if you don't want to hear them. 

Done....

You are just so full of deep and original critique.

So...The Spartans go 13-1, humiliate Stanford in the Rose Bowl, and Gman only sees fit to draft Denico Allen? Man, I have concerns that he really does not want Cam to last very long. Cuz otherwise he would have drafted, or brought in, a bunch of Spartans to make this team better.

I be tellin' ya'll this. IF we don't win the SB soon. Gman needs to go.

Oh, and melvinheel. Do/did you go to UNC, live near there, or just pick them? Cuz homerz have way to much invested to be partial. There really is no reason to start a new thread every fugging day to profess your concerns. Most folks find it satisfactory to just, you know, post them in any appropriate thread.

I dont think anyone is pointing to just Hurst. I think many ppl are just simply concerned with the lack of attention / upgrade to our OT group this offseason. Hurst just happens to be a intriguing prospect in our back yard. 

DG could come out of all this looking like a genius. Time will tell.

Um...YOU keep bringing up Hurst. If, you know, YOU, would let him go...

Wow, who knew a player that isn't even a panther could have fans on here as bad as ae's?

For UNC homerz, it is important. For the rest of us...not so much.

Um...YOU keep bringing up Hurst. If, you know, YOU, would let him go...

This is the only time I have ever even brought up Hurst. I never mentioned him prior because I figured we would be drafting an OT early thus I was not concerned with late round OT's. 

Please feel free to link me all the times I brought up Hurst prior to this thread, which was more about DG's ignoring the OT position more so than Hurst. 

Although, I do think Hurst will have a nice career in the NFL and it was a mistake to pass on him late. 

OK, so Mr.heel does not start a new thread every day. Just thought I needed to put that out there.

So you are changing it to threads and not bringing up Hurst? Ok lol

Btw pretty sure I have only started two threads other than mock drafts. 

This one and the Bell thread. 

Feel free to link me all these threads I start everyday. 

Archived