• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurst Impressing

MedellinHeel

So, UNC homers are this offseason's "colorful characters."

Meh, More entertaining than irrational Cam haters and Armanti apologists at this point. Seriously, someone make one up with the username "Butt Hurst." That would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

LIke I said, I think there was a reason DG said thanks but no thanks in regards to Hurst. He probably had more info on him and every UNC prospect than any other GM in the entire country. Your options/resources are very limited in this state regarding NCAA FB. Still, not fair to judge fans of a team you don't like when there's an excellent chance they watched more of him than you did. Sure, UNC has it's homers but every team does. Kinda like those idiotic ECU fans who think Carden could actually get some Heisman votes next year. 

Woop dee do Bazel

Hurst probably chose Baltimore due to their recent success and more power to him.

He went undrafted for a reason and had his choices and he chose the Ravens...to me it has no showing on the Panthers because we probably gave him an offer.

You win some you lose some. 

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by MedellinHeel. View it anyway?

Too bad this does not apply to thread titles as well.

I thought his pre-draft posts were pretty decent.

Since the draft ended though, it's been a near endless parade of b--ching that the team didn't draft players he watched on YouTube and comparing himself to professional personnel guys.

Maybe if he'd get over that bit he could be good again.

Gettleman's legacy will not be judged on whether or not he drafted James Hurst.  It will be on how many games/championships we win.  He will continue to make adjustments to our roster, and he will fill our holes.  He has shown an incredible knack for judging and acquiring talent.  Two years from now, no one on this board will give two fugs about James Hurst.

James Hurst is just a face and a name on the question of G-mans drafting style. You could insert any OT name that could have been a value pick.it remains to be seen whether his choice not to take one or more was the right choice. The future will show that and yes he will be judged on whether or not he drafted James Hurst or another OT.We left several value picks at OT on the board in this draft and one or more will prove that in the next few years. The question is will the picks made in stead of them work out? That is why this isn't over.

it doesn't matter if Hurst is on this team , we welcome your comments but please try to catch up and keep up.

Oh, I have kept up.....the fact is that you and Meddlin are a couple of guys who like to start threads whining and bitching about everything.

I have not only kept up with you but sped past you months ago.....it not too hard to speed past the "short bus", though.

You two must be an absolute joy to be around.....NOT!!!!!

Oh, I have kept up.....the fact is that you and Meddlin are a couple of guys who like to start threads whining and bitching about everything.

I have not only kept up with you but sped past you months ago.....it not too hard to speed past the "short bus", though.

You two must be an absolute joy to be around.....NOT!!!!!

that is not a fact at all and that just covers your first point.Your contexual illiteracy was cute for a minute...not!

that is not a fact at all and that just covers your first point.Your contexual illiteracy was cute for a minute...not!

If I want to have a conversation with someone who has the equivalent of your football knowledge, I will go talk to my 9 yo son.

Thanks for playing.

Two questions.  Since no one drafted Hurst, why is it DG's fault he did the same.  I wonder what they all knew which made him drop?

Second, who said we didn't try and sign him to a UDFA contract after the draft.  We have our eyes on a bunch of guys and try to sign a bunch of them.  But they can go wherever they want to go.  So obviously Baltimore got him but it is far from unclear if the Panthers or any other teams may have made him an offer as well.  The only thing that is clear is that 32 teams had at least 7 chances to draft him and passed.

Archived