• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris tells his team the Carolina Panthers have be

AKPantherFan

Raheem Morris talks about playing Carolina for the last several years, trying to use us to get their team focused......

Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris began his team meeting Wednesday by telling his players that the Carolina Panthers have been more physical in their games since 2003.

Then he showed the team video clips of the Panthers offense dominating the Bucs' defense over the past six years. The Bucs are only 3-9 against the Panthers during that stretch, despite winning two NFC South titles in the process.

“Today in the team meeting, we really stressed physical play,'' Morris said. "I put in the tape of Carolina, them playing us on defense. I started from ’03. In ’02, if you guys remember, we had a real battle up there. This is the great part about being here for seven years before you become the head coach. In ’02, we had a big-time battle at their place. We had a bunch of big stops and they were trying to run the ball, run the clock out. We kept stopping them and we’d get a field goal. We kept stopping them and then (Martin) Gramatica (kicked a field goal). We walked out of that game and we all felt like that was kind of the push to the Super Bowl. That was like the changing of the guard. That was like us coming into our own on defense. We stopped the Carolina Panthers running the ball. I think it was Stephen Davis.

Since then, ’03 we got them sometimes, they got us. But for the most part, to be honest with you, they’ve been more physical than us. Even the games we’ve won, we’ve come out of those games and felt like we lost. We felt like they outplayed us physically. That’s what I told my team this morning. I showed it to them. From ’03, ’04, to ’05, to ’07, to ’08. I had a couple of clips in there of them running the ball on us physical. More physical than us. I let it sit in for awhile. I let it sit in for the defense. I told our offense, “You got your butts kicked, too.’ I just chose not to show that. I just wanted to show part of it.

“And it wasn’t about Carolina, but that’s a credit to Carolina and what coach John Fox is doing up there. It was more about physical play. And that’s where I left it.''

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/08/tampa-bay-buccaneers-coach-raheem-morris-tells-his-team-the-carolina-panthers-have-been-more-physica.html

Archived