• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: 9th Pick

MedellinHeel

9th Pick  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want Cha to draft at 9 and why?

Trying to groom one big is hard, trying to groom two, technically three with Biyombo is near impossible. There is a reason you don't see it happen very often. It's just a common fact that forwards and centers take a little bit longer to groom and we don't have that type of time with Jefferson possibly playing a max of 4 more seasons.

We decided to put our self in win-now mode, it's time to make our grave in it.

Use Zeller or Biz in a Sign and trade if needed for Hayward or Stephenson, so the team doesn't have to give up picks....

I think that Saric will likely be the BPA at 9 when the Hornets are picking unless Randle/Gordan/ or Smart drops.

I also think that getting a vet SG is a better bet then getting a rookie SG that isn't an elite prospect. Saric also fits Clifford's system more then Zeller or Biz does as well.

Saric also played really well in the u19 tournament and showed some real nice skills. He can shoot, pass, rebound, play defense.... Full skillset that your looking for in a stretch 4, which is something the Hornets need big time.  He's also not a typical European prospect, in that he's actually been on NBA radars and scout's list since he was 15. 

Side note: If you want to take a look at if he'll actually shoot, look at his numbers from the Adriatic league. He lead the league in scoring on a usage rate of 27% and shot efficiently from the field with a 58% true FG

Use Zeller or Biz in a Sign and trade if needed for Hayward or Stephenson, so the team doesn't have to give up picks....

I think that Saric will likely be the BPA at 9 when the Hornets are picking unless Randle/Gordan/ or Smart drops.

I also think that getting a vet SG is a better bet then getting a rookie SG that isn't an elite prospect. Saric also fits Clifford's system more then Zeller or Biz does as well.

Saric also played really well in the u19 tournament and showed some real nice skills. He can shoot, pass, rebound, play defense.... Full skillset that your looking for in a stretch 4, which is something the Hornets need big time.  He's also not a typical European prospect, in that he's actually been on NBA radars and scout's list since he was 15. 

Side note: If you want to take a look at if he'll actually shoot, look at his numbers from the Adriatic league. He lead the league in scoring on a usage rate of 27% and shot efficiently from the field with a 58% true FG

Oh I'm aware of Saric's game, he's a great prospect. There's a reason people believe he might be the next Toni Kukoc. However, if we draft him I'd definitely package Zeller in a deal for Hayward and then take a long hard look at possibly bringing in Pau Gasol.

His shooting percentages are some of the best in the whole draft....by your logic he should be drafted in the top 3 then, right? 

what?  i'm comparing them to hairston's.  not to mention pj is a bit older and is yet to show he can distribute as well as stauskas can.  let's remember as a freshman stauskas was purely a shooter, his role increased as a sophomore and he answered the bell.  he showed he's more than capable of spreading the rock and creating for others.  hairston was one of the worst passers in the d-league this season and there are stats to back it up.  hairston struggles as a ball handler and sucks at making decisions. so pretty much stauskas is a better shooter (not by much, but he's better), better facilitator, better rebounder, better basketball IQ, athleticism is probably even..... yeah   i really don't see one prominent category where hairston has a noticeable edge.  plus stauskas doesn't come with the off court issues.

so yeah.... i would love pj at 24 if we take a big man or pg or something with the first pick... but pj over staus at 9?  get out.

My opinion on Gordon is this, as long as we have Big Al, we need stretch 4. As a matter of fact we need stretch every position. We need to force teams to make a decision, double team Al, or give up an open look at a 3. You can get away maybe with one guy being shooting deficient, but only one. And that includes the 4 position.

I would love to see us be able to go with 4 guys outside the three point line and Al in iso. Or pick and roll with three elite shooters providing space for Kemba and the pick guy.

I would be behind McDermott 100% if he can play the 4. I don't think he can defend NBA 3s. So as a SF, I don't want him. As a stretch 4, I love him.

My main concern is who is McD going to guard, he is undersized to play PF and too slow to play SF. Offensively I am not worried about him. He is nothing like Morrison so I think that is a bad comparison.

Morrison had a position at least and was a better scorer.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/adam-morrison-1.html

He avg. 28.0 points his final season.

What makes Mcdermontt different from Morrison other then ADams is taller.

How their game will translate to NBA.

Just cross referencing PPG doesn't mean they are the same or one is better than the other.

How is Mcdermontt game going to translate???

At best he's a stretch 4. The problem is he's only 6'6 which doesn't work for a stretch 4.

His post up game in College isn't going to work in the pro's against more athletic 3' and bigger 4'. So there goes some of his scoring.

He doesn't have the ball handling or foot speed to create his own shot.

And last like you said there isn't 1 position on the court he can guard. 1 thru 5 he is a mismatch.

I actually think he's a worst prospect then Morrinson was.

Archived