• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: 9th Pick

MedellinHeel

9th Pick  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want Cha to draft at 9 and why?

He measured at 6'7.75 in shoes, so essentially 6'8. Even the link you gave lists him at 6'8 PF

I just gave a list of guys who measured 6'7 or smaller without shoes. Players are listed at height in shoes. 6'8 I agree is smaller than you would like for a PF but he will create his own matchup problems for teams when on offense with Big Al at C.

He actually moves his feet well for a PF. And he plays well off the ball defensively. As long as he can move his feet and position himself well, forcing opposing PF to settle for contested jumpers he will be fine.

McBob isn't the biggest, strongest, most athletic PF I have ever seen either.

Josh isn't athletic??? What??

Josh also can handle a Basketball and is pretty much a point foward. Which makes up for him not being a good defender or rebounder. Josh also has some shot blocking ability. Which again Mcdermont can't do.

What NBA quality PF prospect did he stop in college?? Just a Question.

Josh isn't athletic??? What??

Josh also can handle a Basketball. Which again Mcdermont can't do.

What NBA quality PF prospect did he stop in college?? Just a Question.

Well, this must be a pretty nonathletic draft class then considering McDerrmott finished in the top third at the combine in max vertical and was in the top 15 in lane agility drills.

But then again, he is white so he fits the non-athletic mold.

Let me guess... high basketball IQ, hustles, good work ethic, but lacks athleticism?

The quadruple threat of stereotyping.  :D

ETA:  The last bit was just a joke

Well, this must be a pretty nonathletic draft class then considering McDerrmott finished 18th out of the 60 at the combine in max vertical and was in the top 15 in lane agility drills.

But then again, he is white so he fits the non-athletic stereotype.

Let me guess... high basketball IQ, hustles, good work ethic, but lack athleticism?

The quadruple threat of stereotyping.

Mason and Miles Plumlee are white and pretty athletic  so don't be a asshole because Mcdermont is not.

Do you see a difference???

Honestly though, I am just defending McD.  I don't really give a fug if we draft him or not.

I just think using Morrison as your reason to not want him is short sighted

No again I think Morrison was a better Prospect.

I don't want Mcdermont because he's a 1 trick pony with no true position on the court.

Mason and Miles Plumlee are white and pretty athletic and white so don't be a asshole because Mcdermont is not.

Do you see a difference???

Did McD finish in the top 3rd at the combine in max vertical and top 15 in lane agility drills against all participants including guards because of his lack of athleticism?

BTW, I was joking about the stereotyping.

No again I think Morrison was a better Prospect.

I don't want Mcdermont because he's a 1 trick pony with no true position on the court.

If you are going to be a one trick pony being an elite shooter and scorer is a good trick to have.  If he can put the ball in the basket they will find him a position in the NBA

Did McD finish in the top 3rd at the combine in max vertical and top 15 in lane agility drills against all participants including guards because of his lack of athleticism?

BTW, I was joking about the stereotyping.

I don't care what he did in a combine with no defenders. I didn't see it on the court. 

But just to stop all this I'll give you $25 dollars if this dude avg. double digit points and 5 rebounds his rookie season. I'll give $45 if he becomes a starter in 2 years.

If you are going to be a one trick pony being an elite shooter and scorer is a good trick to have.  If he can put the ball in the basket they will find him a position in the NBA

I'll give you shooter but he won't be a elite scorer in the NBA. You have to be able to create your own shot to be a elite scorer. He can't do that.

I don't care what he did in a combine with no defenders. I didn't see it on the court. 

But just to stop all this I'll give you $25 dollars if this dude avg. double digit points and 5 rebounds his rookie season. I'll give $45 if he becomes a starter in 2 years.

Why do you think Morrison was a better prospect?

Was it because of one of these reasons:

Morrison shot a much lower FG% than McD

And much lower 3 point% than McD

Averaged less PPG than McD

Averaged less rebounds per game than McD

Only had one elite season at Gonzaga

Only had one season where he shot over 31% from the college three point line

All while playing in a much weaker conference than the MVC or Big East

Yep... makes sense

I'll give you shooter but he won't be a elite scorer in the NBA. You have to be able to create your own shot to be a elite scorer. He can't do that.

I don't need him to create his own shot.  Just spot up and let Kemba and Big Al create shots for him.

I don't need him to create his own shot.  Just spot up and let Kemba and Big Al create shots for him.

Well that's you. I think we need a player who can do more then just spot up. I think at 9 we can get a outside shooter and shot creater.

Matt Carroll can "just spot up and shoot" for less.

Why do you think Morrison was a better prospect?

Was it because of one of these reasons:

Morrison shot a much lower FG% than McD   Morrison was also creating his shot more while Mcd was getting set up by other players.

And much lower 3 point% than McD Morrison was being guarded by other wing players not post players taken more guarded shots

Averaged less PPG than McD Really? Morrison avg the same 28 as Mcd.

Averaged less rebounds per game than McD  1 was a PF and the other was a wing player so what do you expect??

Only had one elite season at Gonzaga   You're right on this one.

Only had one season where he shot over 31% from the college three point line

All while playing in a much weaker conference than the MVC or Big East   Do you really want to go game for game of a Gonzaga Schedule and try to compare to what Creighton faced really??? Gonzaga when Morrison was their played one of the hardest college schedule every year.

Yep... makes sense

Morrison had a set position.

Better ball handler.

Could create his own shot in college.

Morrison had a set position.

Better ball handler.

Could create his own shot in college.

Do you think Rodney Hood is not athletic enough to play the 3?

Combine numbers:

Reach (more important than wingspan):  McD   8'7  Hood  8'7

Body Fat:  McD:  7.1   Hood:  7.5

Max Vertical:  McD:  36.5  Hood:  36

Max Vertical reach:  McD  11' 7.5"   Hood  11' 7"

Agility drill   McD:  11.10    Hood:  11.21

Sprint:   McD:  3.29    Hood:   3.38

So... considering that McD has the same reach, less fat, jumps higher, is more agile, and runs faster than Rodney Hood would you say that Rodney Hood also lacks athleticism?

Or you don't care what the measurable are because he didn't dunk enough in college to meet you litmus for athleticism?

Archived