• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For you people that are ok with Bell starting

MedellinHeel

A. He's going to likely improve to some degree

B.  Half those stats were vs Mario Williams in one week.  While that excuses nothing, it does skew things.

He gave up 2 sacks against TB , 2 sacks vs New Orleans, and 1 sack in the playoffs against SF.

There are a lot more Mario Williams type players on the Left side, btw.

i hope you're right.

I've been banging the drum for chandler since day 1. The coaches have raved about him and dg said he was the most pleasant surprise of the entire season.

He just looks natural at lt from the limited snaps he got in preseason and the way he moves.

Same response, different thread.

I am going to relay the long version of the tweet that I sent Gross the other day:

Upon reflecting about your retirement and what that means to the team, I have come to the conclusion that this is not a case of "being saved by the Bell".

Let me clarify I am not panicking, at least not yet. I am gonna put some faith in DG to figure something out and patch up the OL before the season starts. At Least to something we can work with. Now if we do not draft or get a good OT in FA next offseason I will be pretty pissed assuming our OL doesn't make tremendous strides this year.

Cam is pretty mobile so that helps alittle. I just get the feeling reading the Huddle a large number of people are downplaying the severity of our OL issues. 

To be honest, I am much more concerned about our OC problem. Shula is not the best man for the job by any stretch of the imagination and leaves MUCH to be desired. 

Let me clarify I am not panicking, at least not yet. I am gonna put some faith in DG to figure something out and patch up the OL before the season starts. At Least to something we can work with. Now if we do not draft or get a good OT in FA next offseason I will be pretty pissed assuming our OL doesn't make tremendous strides this year.

Cam is pretty mobile so that helps alittle. I just get the feeling reading the Huddle a large number of people are downplaying the severity of our OL issues. 

To be honest, I am much more concerned about our OC problem. Shula is not the best man for the job by any stretch of the imagination and leaves MUCH to be desired. 

even if people are, as you say, downplaying the situation....what would you recommend that they do? bitch? what could they do?

you say you aren't in a panic, but it sure seems like you are expecting the sky to fall.

even if people are, as you say, downplaying the situation....what would you recommend that they do? bitch? what could they do?

you say you aren't in a panic, but it sure seems like you are expecting the sky to fall.

I would recommend they stop wearing homer glasses and acknowledge when applicable that we indeed do have a pretty big issue on the OL. That doesn't mean to be b*tching and moaning every second or thinking the world has ended. 

Where have I gave the impression the sky was falling and that we would have a bad year? I fully expect us to win 10 games even with our mess of an OL. More if DG can work some magic. 

I would recommend they stop wearing homer glasses and acknowledge when applicable that we indeed do have a pretty big issue on the OL. That doesn't mean to be b*tching and moaning every second or thinking the world has ended. 

Where have I gave the impression the sky was falling and that we would have a bad year? I fully expect us to win 10 games even with our mess of an OL. More if DG can work some magic. 

it goes back to some of the original responses in this thread.  no one is saying it's not an issue. no one is making light of it. they're just rolling woth it because, again i ask, what are they supposed to do? just because they aren't reacting the way that you have been doesn't mean they have homer goggles are. what. they are doing is acting like people who have been here before and who know we've been through much worse dilemmas tan this and who know that things likely will work themselves out?

you are making this into a bigger deal than it needs to be and to make matters worse, you are projecting blind homerism onto everyone who isn't reacting like you. 

and if you think we're still going to win 10 games this year, then is it really all that big of a deal? all we need is to be good enough to get into the playoffs. who is playing OT for us won't be the thing that decides our fate.

Archived