• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For you people that are ok with Bell starting

MedellinHeel

I thought if you can play lt you will be good a rt not the other way around.  I might be wrong though.

Bell was not good on the right.. No question. Maybe he's not a RT, but a LT, which he played in college. Note I said maybe.

My stance is, I will not proclaim were fugged and be all negative until I have seen video evidence of Bell sucking at LT. I'm also high on chandler.

The guys upstairs have seen these guys play in practice. Didn't chandler also grade out perfect at LT last pre season?

I thought if you can play lt you will be good a rt not the other way around. I might be wrong though.

Idk. I was a good left guard and DT in highschool but felt lost on the right. I'm not sure if that correlates. If he feels more comfortable on the left side then its possible he could up his performance

I am amazed at the number of people that are ok / content with Bell starting period, much less starting at LT. 

I just read this on another post and thought it deserved it's own thread. 

Guys, Bell is a backup at BEST and in no way should be starting until he gets better. 

Our OL is in a world of hurt right now. Question marks and concerns GALORE. 

We better pray some teams cut loose some solid stop gap veterans. 

4.5 of those sacks came in one game early in the season.  He had a bad game against an elite DE.  His stats got significantly better as the season progressed, and he never had anything close to that kind of meltdown again.

Unless we got one of the top OTs in the draft we do not need an OT. They drafted an OG. That addressed it. How so? Trai Turner allows the Panthers to put Gary Williams back at RT and they can bump Kugbila out to RT as well.

Nate Chandler is the Panthers future LT. Chandler was the project the Panthers were fast tracking to replace Jordan Gross at LT. They were planning on putting him at LT come 2015, but he is pushed into play now with Gross retiring.

Nate Chandler and Byron Bell competing for LT. Chandler wins.

Byron Bell, Gary Williams, and Edmund Kugbila competing for RT. Kugbila wins.

If everyone is healthy, you will see LT-Chandler, LG-Silatolu, C-Kalil, RG-Turner, RT-Kugbila

This OL combo gives the Panthers an extremely strong run blocking OL across the board and two OTs who will hold up well against speed rushers.

This gives the Panthers depth with Byron Bell, Gary Williams, and Chris Scott. These 8 will be your opening day OL roster. I could see David Foucault or Oscar Johnson impressing in preseason and the Panthers releasing Chris Scott.

Sort of the same line of thought, I was hoping for.  On paper it seems better than what others have predicted.

Unless we got one of the top OTs in the draft we do not need an OT. They drafted an OG. That addressed it. How so? Trai Turner allows the Panthers to put Gary Williams back at RT and they can bump Kugbila out to RT as well.

Nate Chandler is the Panthers future LT. Chandler was the project the Panthers were fast tracking to replace Jordan Gross at LT. They were planning on putting him at LT come 2015, but he is pushed into play now with Gross retiring.

Nate Chandler and Byron Bell competing for LT. Chandler wins.

Byron Bell, Gary Williams, and Edmund Kugbila competing for RT. Kugbila wins.

If everyone is healthy, you will see LT-Chandler, LG-Silatolu, C-Kalil, RG-Turner, RT-Kugbila

This OL combo gives the Panthers an extremely strong run blocking OL across the board and two OTs who will hold up well against speed rushers.

This gives the Panthers depth with Byron Bell, Gary Williams, and Chris Scott. These 8 will be your opening day OL roster. I could see David Foucault or Oscar Johnson impressing in preseason and the Panthers releasing Chris Scott.

I personally am going to wait and see how everyone in the draft pans out then come back and make threads about who we should have drafted. I will also claim those were the players I wanted all along

Then say you can't find the thread where you suggested drafting them, but it's "somewhere."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I thought if you can play lt you will be good a rt not the other way around.  I might be wrong though.

it can be that way, but i think that's rare. it all depends on natural stances and, to a huge degree, talent. gross was able to switch back and forth between the two, but he wasn't the norm.

LT and RT are not interchangeable the way people tend to think anymore than OG and OT are. there are players who are natural fits at either side. 

it's entirely possible and completely understandeable that bell would struggle as an RT  but would do better at  much more natural position of LT. that isn't to say that he'll be good or even not suck....just that he might not suck so bad at LT as he did at RT. that's also to say that he is what we need at LT or that he will be serviceable. 

i have very little faith that he will be alright there, but i'm completely open to the possibility that i could be wrong about him and i kind of hope i am because considering the lack of effort to upgrade OT, we might be stuck and i'd much rather be wrong and him do well than right and have him cost us the season.

Archived