• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My gripe with Kemba

MedellinHeel

Monroe would just be redundant as long as we have Al, you certainly can't play them together. Though I could see us taking him in order to make another splash. If nothing else he'd make a nice successor to Al in case he opts out next year.

Someone mentioned McBob being likely to opt in, I highly doubt he will. He's due less than $2.8m and he's proven he's worth more than that.

I don't think Afflalo is that expensive either, he's certainly not worth the Pistons pick. Lately veteran wings are going for a late first or a couple seconds. Pick 24 should be more than enough.

Sent from my QMV7A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Who else on the team is going to shoot if he doesn't? MKG won't dare shoot a jumper and if Henderson does shoot there is a good chance it's not going in.

Why exactly does Kemba get a pass on his poor shooting percentage? I mean, maybe hendo shoots 35% from three because he also has no one else to shoot the ball. Or maybe he just can't shoot all that well.

If your PG is taking bad shots because he hasn't found an open guy before expiration of the 24 second clock, that sounds like a PG issue to me.

Why exactly does Kemba get a pass on his poor shooting percentage? I mean, maybe hendo shoots 35% from three because he also has no one else to shoot the ball. Or maybe he just can't shoot all that well.

If your PG is taking bad shots because he hasn't found an open guy before expiration of the 24 second clock, that sounds like a PG issue to me.

I'm not giving Kemba a pass, he's become a volume shooter who is a very streaky player.

However, he wasn't the same player he was in college, his shooting has regressed and in my opinion it's because he has to take too many shots because his teammates won't.

Kemba takes 16 shots per game, that's absurd for a point guard and honestly, I don't think it's because he wants to; I think it's because he has to.

MKG won't shoot at all, if Henderson is missing he will stop shooting completely, and for the most part McRoberts is a facilitator. So other than Kemba and Al, we really have no offensive weapons. I think if you gave Kemba an asset like Afflalo or Stephenson and a stretch four that was more inclined to shoot the ball than pass it, you would see a spike in Kemba's field goal percentage because his shot attempts would be coming down. I don't think it would be a stretch to see Kemba go 5-12 (41%) or better night in and night out with two extra offensive weapons.

The main point I'm trying to make is that we need to get him significant perimeter help that will allow him to attack the rim instead of settling for a mid-range jumper due to a clogged up lane.

Archived