• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My gripe with Kemba

MedellinHeel

Kemba is not a great of a player as what Charlotte fans think he is. Not going to blame you guys bc that's just how fans should be; homer.

My thing is, Kemba is no better than Reggie Jackson. Love it or hate it, it's really the truth. I believe that they're on the same level. Two very, very similar players and style of play. However, Jackson is more athletic and a better shooter/scorer. Kemba should really be playing a similar role like Jackson.

Reggie Jackson would have the same statistics, if not "better" than Kemba if he was the starting PG here in CLT.

Kemba would thrive if he had Ibaka, Durant, and Butler.

What Kemba's haters don't understand is that he has no perimeter help, which is vital for the way he plays.

Henderson can't shoot the three ball consistently, MKG, can't shoot the three ball at all... So when Kemba is driving, Henderson's man and MKG's man ALWAYS collapse the paint and since Kemba is so tiny he has to throw up a severely contested shot.

I don't know why it's so hard to understand, watch Tony Parker (who Kemba plays very similar to). Green, Kawhi, Bellineli, Ginobli, and Diaw force the defense to stay home allowing Parker do drive all night long.

Give Kemba an outside threat that will allow him to go one-on-one in the paint and watch him thrive.

^^

I disagree. Maybe if you are talking about finishing around the rim after contact but I am not talking about that.

The idea is to pass the ball when the defender helps leaving his man. If defender doesnt leave his man than Kemba would have a layup or a very close floater.

Kemba has a good handle, never heard anyone question that.

Taking care of the ball, yes. Dribbling abilities, not so much.

Guys like CP3, Irving, Westbrook, etc. are so talented with their dribbling skills that it helps them create space to shoot/score/pass. Kemba isn't as clever with his dribbling abilities. With Kemba, it's a couple dribble, pass, then shoot. Kemba won't move a defender out of his way to go score at the rim.

What Kemba's haters don't understand is that he has no perimeter help, which is vital for the way he plays.

Henderson can't shoot the three ball consistently, MKG, can't shoot the three ball at all... So when Kemba is driving, Henderson's man and MKG's man ALWAYS collapse the paint and since Kemba is so tiny he has to throw up a severely contested shot.

I don't know why it's so hard to understand, watch Tony Parker (who Kemba plays very similar to). Green, Kawhi, Bellineli, Ginobli, and Diaw force the defense to stay home allowing Parker do drive all night long.

Give Kemba an outside threat that will allow him to go one-on-one in the paint and watch him thrive.

You might have a point if not for the fact Hendo improved his 3 ball over the years up to a respectable 35% last year. The fact is Kemba settles for a ton of open mid range j's coming off picks or off the cross over. 

Taking care of the ball, yes. Dribbling abilities, not so much.

Guys like CP3, Irving, Westbrook, etc. are so talented with their dribbling skills that it helps them create space to shoot/score/pass. Kemba isn't as clever with his dribbling abilities. With Kemba, it's a couple dribble, pass, then shoot. Kemba won't move a defender out of his way to go score at the rim.

Ehh we will just have to agree to disagree on this. Kemba imo has a great handle, more than enough to shake and bake, split defenders, dribble in traffic, and get around defenders. 

Big Al was supposed to help Kemba take a huge leap this past season. Now, it's the crying help for perimeter help?

If Al can't even improve Kemba's game to another level what can Ibaka really do? C'mon.

It's not Green, Leonard, and Bellineli who makes Parker good. It's vise versa; Parker making those guys better!!!! You act like Parker just came on the scene this year. The man been ballin his entire career.

#TRUTH

You might have a point if not for the fact Hendo improved his 3 ball over the years up to a respectable 35% last year. The fact is Kemba settles for a ton of open mid range j's coming off picks or off the cross over.

Lol at 35% being respectable for your starting shooting guard. 35% is below the shooting percentage of everyone that I mentioned above.

And yes Kemba does settle for a lot of jumpers, that's because when he drives the defense collapses. So the question is, would you rather have Kemba shooting a jumper or Henderson shooting the jumper, because if Kemba doesn't shoot it; it's headed on a kick-out to Henderson.

I don't know why people continue to discredit Kemba when our roster is not built to help him at all.

Put Afflalo and Hairston/Hood on this team and watch Kemba thrive.

Oh and for heavens sake if you don't think Al helped Kemba then you didn't watch one damn game this season. Kemba's assists jumped up to over six per game due to the fact that he had a big man to feed the ball to.

Also I agree that Parker makes those guys look good, but you left out the small part where those guys still have to make the shot, something that Henderson and MKG can't do.

Kemba shot over 40% each year he was with UCONN, he didn't forget how to shoot, he became the main focal point of what otherwise has been a shitty basketball team (i.e. he's had no help).

Instead of trying to get rid of one of our better plays, get other players to make him even better.

Oh and if you get rid of Kemba, say goodbye to Al because Kemba was one of the main reasons Al signed here to begin with.

Our fans don't realize how good we have it with Kemba.

For heavens sake 35% is not respectable, 35% shooting for a starting shooting guard puts him in the bottom 10 of the league.

Not to mention that he didn't even shoot enough there's to be qualified for rankings (shooting only 1.5 threes per game, which is pathetic for your starting two guard).

It's safe to say that his avg. would be around 32% if he shot the average amount of three's per game for a starting shooting guard, which is four per game.

Lol at 35% being respectable for your starting shooting guard. 35% is below the shooting percentage of everyone that I mentioned above.

And yes Kemba does settle for a lot of jumpers, that's because when he drives the defense collapses. So the question is, would you rather have Kemba shooting a jumper or Henderson shooting the jumper, because if Kemba doesn't shoot it; it's headed on a kick-out to Henderson.

I don't know why people continue to discredit Kemba when our roster is not built to help him at all.

Put Afflalo and Hairston/Hood on this team and watch Kemba thrive.

Oh and for heavens sake if you don't think Al helped Kemba then you didn't watch one damn game this season. Kemba's assists jumped up to over six per game due to the fact that he had a big man to feed the ball to.

Also I agree that Parker makes those guys look good, but you left out the small part where those guys still have to make the shot, something that Henderson and MKG can't do.

Al sure helped, but he didnt transformed Kemba.

Like I said in another thread, it's the NBA! Not the NFL. You can't be a product of someone else; example: WRs of Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. You gotta be your own product in the NBA, meaning being your own "star". Kemba is not a star. He's an average role player.

Kemba is no better than Reggie Jackson, PERIOD. Even Stevie Wonder could see that he doesn't belong in the same group of Wall, Irving, Lillard.

He can be a guy who comes in and change the pace of the game like what Jackson is doing right now for OKC. Or, he'll be a guy like George Hill and Mike Conley who will keep fans wondering what is keeping a talented team like Memphis/Pacers from winning a championship.

I guess if you're not a homer, then you're a "hater".

Al sure helped, but he didnt transformed Kemba.

Like I said in another thread, it's the NBA! Not the NFL. You can't be a product of someone else; example: WRs of Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. You gotta be your own product in the NBA, meaning being your own "star". Kemba is not a star. He's an average role player.

Kemba is no better than Reggie Jackson, PERIOD. Even Stevie Wonder could see that he doesn't belong in the same group of Wall, Irving, Lillard.

He can be a guy who comes in and change the pace of the game like what Jackson is doing right now for OKC. Or, he'll be a guy like George Hill and Mike Conley who will keep fans wondering what is keeping a talented team like Memphis/Pacers from winning a championship.

I guess if you're not a homer, then you're a "hater".

First off, you can be a product of someone else because LBJ made that otherwise awful Cavaliers team a contender. There is a reason that Jamison and the rest of that Cavs team fell off after Bron left.

All of you guys want the best players in the NBA but you fail to realize that we are a small market team, you can't afford to get rid of players that want to be here.

As far as Kemba being the same as Reggie Jackson, there is no basis or foundation with that statement because Kemba isn't playing with one of the two best players in the entire world along with a very good perimeter team.

Overall, this is a verym opinionated post founded in no facts.

I've continually brought facts to the discussion and you've continually ignored them.

I've said provide him with perimeter help, you said he has Henderson. Henderson is not perimeter help, in fact Chuck you are one of the guys that has continuously said that Henderson sucks.

Oh and by the way, Kemba's team has a winning record over those three point guards that you listed, so I guess he's doing something right.

Finally, we don't need Kemba to be a star, we need him to be exactly what he is a very good starting point guard.

Tolliver rarely played and CDR didn't see much time with Kemba.

Our starting line-up only had one perimeter threat, and that's unacceptable.

coaches fault for not having them out there and having a balanced teamed. 

but we did have capable shooters on our roster. 

and CDR played quite a bit when Hendo or Neal got hurt. 

Archived