• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Panther's an Offensive team now?

Jangler

Now with Meeks, we will get full use of the defense. Which mean the offense should get the ball more, more scoring.

As good as the defense is, Do you think the team has taken a turn to be a more dominate offensive team? I know last year that's what we became. Will we stay that way?

Now with Meeks, we will get full use of the defense. Which mean the offense should get the ball more, more scoring.

As good as the defense is, Do you think the team has taken a turn to be a more dominate offensive team? I know last year that's what we became. Will we stay that way?

what is that based off of?

I think the offense just has the talent to be more effective in the running game than prior Fox teams. I still think we basically have and will have the same philosophy while Fox is here.....

what is that based off of?

I think the offense just has the talent to be more effective in the running game than prior Fox teams. I still think we basically have and will have the same philosophy Fox is here.....

I'm not going into that circular argument.....again. :)

With all due respect Jangler...as good as the defense IS???

It isn't...yet, not in my eyes. Of course neither is the offense. It's 2009. What was in 2008 (ishtastic very disappointing D, good O) is no longer valid now.

^^^^

Yup

Right now our defense is only good enough to keep teams to about 300 yards and 25 points a game.

I dont consider that even CLOSE to good.

Matter of fact, thats terrible...

IMO, we don't have an explosive O, and we have a middle of the pack D.

We do have a very good running game, but need someone to step up on the other side of Smith to reach the next level.

That's the thing, though: our backs have as much big play ability as the best receivers in the league. Any given play, there's a chance Williams and Stewart will run for huge gains.

It may not be as flashy and pass-heavy as the Saints or the Cardinals, for instance, but I'd say our offense is definitely explosive.

With all due respect Jangler...as good as the defense IS???

It isn't...yet, not in my eyes. Of course neither is the offense. It's 2009. What was in 2008 (ishtastic very disappointing D, good O) is no longer valid now.

IMO, we don't have an explosive O, and we have a middle of the pack D.

We do have a very good running game, but need someone to step up on the other side of Smith to reach the next level.

So does that mean that you don't think Meeks will make the defense any better? You believe in the good year/bad year trend?

And I think Jarrett is going to have his break out year this year.

I'm not going into that circular argument.....again. :)

last year we didn't do anything different though as far as the offensive mindset....we just had a great OL and great RBs and ran over people. Hopefully, we do it again this year.

but I still don't see how the addition of Meeks means we NOW get the most out of the defense....I guess that just makes be a blind Fox hater.

So no upgrade over turdo?

I think the biggest strength of our defense is now OTHER TEAM will have to throw away all their "cheat cards" against us and re-learn what Meeks does here in Carolina.

But to say "as good as our D is now" in only the 3rd day of camp is silly.

Lets at least see a couple pre-season games.

At least we will have a reason to be more interested in all the pre-season games....

Archived