• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where Is Jason Carter?

Montsta

Wow! Why isnt he starting? How did he do as a returner?

I did not say that he had a great pre-season...just posting his stats.

It is your fuging attitude that is the reason you are in the Top 5 hated posters on this board. Keep up your usual BS and you will definitely move into the lead.

Sorry, but thats the furthest thing from the truth. He was the player I watched the closest during preseason because I wanted to see what the hype was about and he did absolutely NOTHING! I remember many people were down on him because there was so much hype during TC last year.

in all fairness it was the preseason..nobody did that good outside of dwill and jstew for one game

carter was a lock to make the 53man roster last year..i dont think anything will change

in all fairness it was the preseason..nobody did that good outside of dwill and jstew for one game

carter was a lock to make the 53man roster last year..i dont think anything will change

I dont think he was anything close to a lock to a make the team last year. I dont think he is anything close to being a lock this year either.

I like Carter. People always want to root for the underdog, especially when they display a strong work ethic and drive, like Carter has.

That being said, I don't think he makes the team this year. Last year, I think he would have made it. This year, however, we've got too many others who will serve both as receivers and returners (namely Ryne and Goodson).

Though I suppose if Goodson is technically our third running back, then it might allow us to keep Carter as a fifth receiver. If Beavers proves to be a decent returner, Carter stands even less of a chance to make the squad.

I dont think he was anything close to a lock to a make the team last year. I dont think he is anything close to being a lock this year either.

Just like you can't count people in the stands, you can't catch catches or evaluate anything objectively.

Carter had 5 catches on 7 balls thrown his way. And with Robinson injured, he was getting looks as a returner and was slated as our 5th receiver/returner. When he went down we picked up Mark Jones.

He is not as much of a lock this year as last because we have picked up several returners/receivers and Robinson is back to claim the spot that would have gone to Carter last year. He was a lock last year due to Robinson's injury but this year the competition is more heated.

Just like you can't count people in the stands, you can't catch catches or evaluate anything objectively.

Carter had 5 catches on 7 balls thrown his way. And with Robinson injured, he was getting looks as a returner and was slated as our 5th receiver/returner. When he went down we picked up Mark Jones.

He is not as much of a lock this year as last because we have picked up several returners/receivers and Robinson is back to claim the spot that would have gone to Carter last year. He was a lock last year due to Robinson's injury but this year the competition is more heated.

Just like you pretend not to notice when our stadium is completely being owned by opposing fans you pretend like Carter actually did something when we all know he did nothing in his limited action in preseason. He may have had a shot to make the team but thats ONLY because of Robinsons injury. He was not the least bit impressive doing punt returns or in his limited time playing receiver against other 4th stringers. I couldnt understand what all the hype was about when he was clearly just another guy battling for a practice squad spot.

Just like you pretend not to notice when our stadium is completely being owned by opposing fans you pretend like Carter actually did something when we all know he did nothing in his limited action in preseason. He may have had a shot to make the team but thats ONLY because of Robinsons injury. He was not the least bit impressive doing punt returns or in his limited time playing receiver against other 4th stringers. I couldnt understand what all the hype was about when he was clearly just another guy battling for a practice squad spot.

What many of us saw was a number of excellent training camp performances and a work ethic unlike any other receiver not named Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammed. The bottom line is that a 5th string receiver doesn't even get in preseason games until the 4th quarter most times and the game where he would have gotten the most reps he missed.

And no he wasn't a great return man which is why we brought in a bunch of guys this year. And no one said he is the next coming or a lock this year. But last year he was going to make the squad and he was the surprise of training camp just like Goodson is this year.

Why you try and make things up and distort things I have no idea. Your attitude seems to be negative toward everything people say positive and pro toward everything negative.

You are the anti-fan. But I won't go back and forth. I don't want to give you any credibility by arguing with you as if your posts deserve much consideration.

What many of us saw was a number of excellent training camp performances and a work ethic unlike any other receiver not named Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammed. The bottom line is that a 5th string receiver doesn't even get in preseason games until the 4th quarter most times and the game where he would have gotten the most reps he missed.

And no he wasn't a great return man which is why we brought in a bunch of guys this year. And no one said he is the next coming or a lock this year. But last year he was going to make the squad and he was the surprise of training camp just like Goodson is this year.

Why you try and make things up and distort things I have no idea. Your attitude seems to be negative toward everything people say positive and pro toward everything negative.

You are the anti-fan. But I won't go back and forth. I don't want to give you any credibility by arguing with you as if your posts deserve much consideration.

Did I make this comment up?

"carter was a lock to make the 53man roster last year..i dont think anything will change"

No I dont beleive that I did. That was what I was commenting on. I know Jason carter looked good in practice. That is why I said he is a good practice player but doesnt do anything come game time. What part of that was not accurate that I made up? Every year someone in preseason "surprises" then turns out to be a nothing when its time to show it in preseason. I do beleive Goodson is going to be a HUGE playmaker for us. I never bought the Carter hype. Carter was not guaranteed a spot last year and he certainly is not this year. He had a better chance last year soley because of injury. He did nothing in preseason to warrant a guaranteed spot though.

I motion for the thread title to be changed to "Hey Mr. Carter, tell me where have you been?"

"Summer hatin' on me cuz I'm hotter than the sun"

"I got spring hatin' on me cuz I ain't never sprung"

"Winter hatin' on me cuz I'm colder than ya'll"

"And I will never I will never I will never fall"

Nice reference Beaux Berry.

Archived