• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaun King on WFNZ

SCP

Avantt and Cotchery have akres already proven that they can make it in the leauge and can play/start on Sundays. Young guys are great, but panther fans can agree we have had "potential" great wr's that we could grow etc. But it doesn't always work out.

Id rather bring 1-2 young guys in slowly and let them learn than have a roster full of rookie WR that you have no idea if they can make it on Sunday. As of right now Jacksonville WR are "what ifs or could be's", id rather have a sure thing that I know what im getting than "could be". Thats why Cam is in a better situation right now than Blake. Now ask again in two-three years and I could be wrong but right now cam is in a better situation

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I agree the young potential "learning curve guys" are unknowns but we have one as well and id include McNutt and King as part of that unknown.

All im saying is other teams with young Qbs are trying harder with much more effort to surround their QB with WRs..TEs each season. Not adding ONE first round WR in year 4 of their Qbs career and then self fellating themselves afterwards.

This puts a ton of pressure on the coaches, Cam to make this pass offense work. It also is dependent on at least one of Tavarres King or Mcnutt to develop into a Starting caliber WR.

There will be roster turnover in two seasons whe Cam has to meet new WRs all over again as Avant and Cotch play out their contracts. Are both of these vets proven? Sure.. Are they better bc thay have played before? Possibly this season but next season? Probally not. It is not like Avant and Cotch were playmaking starters before coming here. So if one or both Mcnutt and T King fail that is yet another new group of Vets or rookie drafted to replace that spot and having Cam getting aquainted with them.

The main idea is THIS: The ATTEMPT AND PLAN to have continuity and growth of players surrounding a franchise player as his weapons and not patchworking 33 year old Wrs, practice squad Wrs and one rookie WR who may or may not panout.

The front office has to hit on Benjamin bc if he busts its a new learning curve for a new guy and all the getting to know you BS and Cam is in his second contract.

Also I like our draft and Gettleman's performance. I just think making slightly more aggressive effort into WR/TE would be ideal. The rookie WRs would grow out of theie curve this season instead of three seasons from now.

Also, there is not nearly as big of a difference between some of these young QB's weapons and Cam's as you said. Andrew Luck, maybe, but Andy Dalton? Heck no, hes got AJ Green and a good TE, pretty much the same as what Cam has now.

Give me Cincy's o line any day of the week. Also to put Benjamin on par with an all pro like AJ Green when he hasn't even been in a training camp is a huge stretch . Marvin jones is also better than any of our other wideouts.

Give me Cincy's o line any day of the week. Also to put Benjamin on par with an all pro like AJ Green when he hasn't even been in a training camp is a huge stretch . Marvin jones is also better than any of our other wideouts.

Yea no poo. My point is Cam now has a #1 WR and a good TE. Not to mention Olsen is a much better receiving threat.

want to be a detractor of the Carolina Panthers- you have two paths to take my young padawan

Path One: The Path of Cam's a Thug. This path had a lot of steam years ago, few remain on this bandwagon.

Path Two: The Carolina Panthers hate Cam. Cam is love, Cam is life. Gettleman is hate, Gettleman is death. 

You must choose your own path. 

Laugh

Shaun King said what most are scared to admit. He doesn't have to be right, but what he said looks true so far. Big Dave isn't treating Cam like the other elite QB's in the league and giving him weapons/protection like the rest. I'm probably the only one here that remembers the 7 second pause he had when answering the franchise QB question. Just like King said, if you listen, these front office people will tell you a lot when he speaks to the press. You have to listen and not to hear what you want. 

Shaun King said what most are scared to admit. He doesn't have to be right, but what he said looks true so far. Big Dave isn't treating Cam like the other elite QB's in the league and giving him weapons/protection like the rest. I'm probably the only one here that remembers the 7 second pause he had when answering the franchise QB question. Just like King said, if you listen, these front office people will tell you a lot when he speaks to the press. You have to listen and not to hear what you want. 

You're right but the reason why he isn't doing that is because we don't need that. Gettleman realizes the key for this team to be successful is for the defense and the run game to be dominant. Cam threw for 3300 yards, Brees was at 5000, Ryan was at 4600 and we still won the division last year. If this defense is at where it was last season or better, we rush the ball for 2000+ yards and Cam throws the ball for 3700+ yards, A likely record would be 13-3 or 14-2 just as long Cam is efficient.  

Their Gm has given Borltes a duo of Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson to grow and age in yhr NFL at the same time.

Cecil Shorts..and a possible 4th guy in Ace Sanders are as talented as a Tiquan Underwood. Avant and Cothcery are older and unlikley resigning.

Cam has experienced a well documented full turnover with his WR corps and is starting from scratch with Benji who can grow with him and two aged vets who will also turnover.

Ideally you have pass catchers who grow and age with Newton. Similar to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne in relation to P Manning.

Bortles or more immdeiately Henne wil have two WRs with potentially boarderline elite ability where Avant and Cotch are capped as possession guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

2014: Last Draft In NFL History?

Archived