• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaun King on WFNZ

SCP

Everytime this topic get's brought up about the team leaving Cam with no support, I come back to what Gettleman said in one of his draft conferences.  The guys in the draft, as rookies, weren't going to be improvements to the team.  What does that tell you?

Gettleman believes in the coaching staff to build guys up.  Gettleman believes in finding the best players in the draft, and filling in with FAs.  He also has a LOT of faith in Chandler and Bell.  The idea that so many fans find hard to understand is that Gettleman's way to build a team is different from ours.  He's the real GM, we're just guys on a message board.

Next, let's wrap something around our brains:  Chandler and Bell, right now, are better than all of the rest of the OTs drafted after 28 according to Gettleman.  Let that sink in =)

I believe Gettlemen is looking at King and McNutt as WR's from this years draft class.

In his eyes we did draft a WR I'm the 5th or 6th because we have WR's on our roster who were drafted in those rounds that haven't played yet.

People complain about King and McNutt being unproven, but they're more proven than whoever we could have taken in later rounds in this draft.

In my eyes King and McNutt are rookies. And Dave didn't draft 1, but 3 receivers this year.

If you heard his pre draft presser, they asked him how important was it to draft a WR Iin such a deep WR class. Gettlemen responded it would be real nice to get a young receiver. A, as in 1. He was never pressed to get multiple receivers because he knew that the answer is often already on your roster.

I believe Gettlemen is looking at King and McNutt as WR's from this years draft class.

In his eyes we did draft a WR I'm the 5th or 6th because we have WR's on our roster who were drafted in those rounds that haven't played yet.

People complain about King and McNutt being unproven, but they're more proven than whoever we could have taken in later rounds in this draft.

In my eyes King and McNutt are rookies. And Dave didn't draft 1, but 3 receivers this year.

If you heard his pre draft presser, they asked him how important was it to draft a WR Iin such a deep WR class. Gettlemen responded it would be real nice to get a young receiver. A, as in 1. He was never pressed to get multiple receivers because he knew that the answer is often already on your roster.

You are right about King and McNutt, they were drafted last year and plucked off other team's practice squads.  But I wouldn't say they are rookies but actually more since they have had 2 offseasons now to build their strength and a whole year to learn how to play and practice with the starters.  So actually they should be further along than any rookie would be just coming in.

You are right about King and McNutt, they were drafted last year and plucked off other team's practice squads. But I wouldn't say they are rookies but actually more since they have had 2 offseasons now to build their strength and a whole year to learn how to play and practice with the starters. So actually they should be further along than any rookie would be just coming in.

Luis Moreno Jr agrees with my sentiment regarding the WR corp.

@luisjr40: @95KeepPounding I'd rather have Cotchery over LaFell and Avant over Hixson any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Plus Benjamin & Olsen.

Luis Moreno Jr agrees with my sentiment regarding the WR corp.

@luisjr40: @95KeepPounding I'd rather have Cotchery over LaFell and Avant over Hixson any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Plus Benjamin & Olsen.

I think the big question is how soon can Benjamin contribute and be a consistent performer.  It would go a long way to mitigating the loss of Smith.  Funny how McNutt and King probably thought they would be starters in March.  Now they will be fighting for a roster spot.

I think the big question is how soon can Benjamin contribute and be a consistent performer. It would go a long way to mitigating the loss of Smith. Funny how McNutt and King probably thought they would be starters in March. Now they will be fighting for a roster spot.

Better that they will have to earn it anyway.

Good lord did any of you hear him? Said Gettleman is an embarrassment and failed Cam. Said he is selling out Cam. Said we will be dead last and we have worst offense, hands down, in NFC. My man didn't hold back.

Yes, I also heard ex Panther player Frank Garcia go along with a lot of Shaun  Kings BS. To be an ex NFL player Frank Garcia can be  a really big know it all and dumb azz at times To him his opinion is the correct one and no other opinion  matters.

Archived