• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin Benjamin freshman highlights

CelibatePimp

KB reminds me of a bigger Fitzgerald he really does. Larry hands is just much better. One thing I can say is I never seen KB drop a redzone pass or a deep pass. Has anybody else?

I'll bet money if you go over his tape you'll find that he rarely drops in the red zone. His drops appear to me to be aggression related, as in, he's calculating where the defenders are around him and putting to much thought into how he's going to get upfield. Thats not as big a concern in the paint and he appears to have a lot of confidence that he can take any hit when he's not dealing them.

He shows traits of being intelligent and aggressive, he catches above the rim. I like him. He should continue to play his style in the NFL and see how much he gets away with. In fact, I expect Ricky will encourage him to be even nastier. Pretty good balance, but Im not sure about his legs yet. He doesnt change directions well. . . aaand yep as I expected he's at the bottom of the list on the 3 cones drill. He has good hands, good coordination, maintains speed in his routes, but he wont do well in routes where you have to stop/start or cut too sharply.

I think he will thrive in the slant and deep posts . . . if everything else works out for him.

Its like im watching cam newton in an alternate universe if he wore dreads and decided to be a WR

Exactly what i was thinking. His body movement looks just cam when running. He looks faster than i tought as well. This guy is going to beast. Really like the pick. Would not surprise me if is turns out to be the best WR from this draft.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Every WR we have this year has been consistent. We could not say that last year or even years past. If people double KB the vets are going to have a field day.

and add 2 athletic TE's thrown into the picture...   

if they can get a run game it's going to be a fun year to watch...  

how does he stack up to Larry specs wise? 40? 3 cone? vert? bench? etc

Interesting comparison

All I know is Larry ran a 4.6 and 42 in vertical

KB ran the same with a 32 in vertical. However Kelvin is probably about 3 inch taller, 25 pounds heavier. You know those things dont matter, just field performance. Not the fastest nor quickest, but he knows how to use his size and just goes up and gets it

I mentioned this in one of the draft threads.  Cam/Kelvin have almost the same exact height/weight/40 time/running style/uniform number.  It's almost as if our QB reincarnated himself as his new #1 WR.

Definitely love that he doesn't shy away from contract and trying to get YAC rather then running out of bounds of going down easily, this also shows in his blocking ability. 

Benjamin reminds me of a Plaxico Burress type. Huge but pretty mobile for someone his size. Not a out of this world athlete but pretty good for someone 6'5 235lbs. He can go across the middle, pretty physical and makes big time catches. I liked seeing his freshman highlights, everyone said he was a one year wonder but looks like he produced during his freshman year too. 

Best thing about Benjamin is, he is still improving and still hasnt played his best football yet. 

Benjamin sort of strikes me as a great athlete. 

Archived