• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rate each round & Draft Re-do

MedellinHeel

Back from ban camp and thought I would throw up a fun thread (sorry in advance if someone already posted this type of thread) 

So rate each pick then tell us who you would have picked. Yes you can use hindsight ;)

I'll kick things off

1st Round: WR Kelvin Benjamin

Grade - B (potential A)

My pick - WR Kelvin Benjamin

Knowing how the rest of the draft plays out I would prob go with KB as well. Big risk as we is raw and has some physical limitations (speed, vert, etc) than worry me, but the potential is through the roof. Was considering Bitonio here as I think he will make a really nice G. But then again, I don't like drafting G's in the first. 

2nd Round: DE Kony Ealy

Grade - B (potential A)

This pick didn't down me as much as others as I know we are not gonna be keeping both Hardy and CJ going forward. No way a smart GM ties up so much money into 1 position. I havent really studied Ealy much but he is apparently one of the best DE's in the draft. If we get rid of Hardy or CJ this or next year and Ealy balls out then this is an A+ pick. 

My pick - OT Billy Turner

I think this guy is gonna be a stud OT in the league. Has a mean side, very quick feet, and didn't allow a single sack the entire season. I Think we can get Hardy's or Cj's replacement next year and roll with what we got. 

3rd Round: OG Trai Turner

Grade - A

My pick - OG Trai Turner

We need help on the entire OL, and just at the T position. Trai looks pretty beastly so I am good with this pick. 

4th Round: S Tre Boston

Grade - D 

Too many other good options here to draft Boston. 

My pick - OT Cameron Fleming

Really like this guy. See him having a long career at RT in the league. 

5th Round: CB Bene Benwikere

Grade - B

I dont like the trade giving up picks but he seems pretty solid for the 5th round. 

My pick - WR Jared Abbrederis 

Potential to be a beast slot WR. 

6th Round: RB Tyler Gaffney 

Grade - B

Double trouble is in their twilight years in Carolina. Gaffney compliments our RB from last draft who's name escapes me at the moment. 

My pick - DT Daniel McCullers

Dude is massive with vines for arms. Go watch the Tenn vs. Bama cut ups. 

7th Round: No pick

Grade - F

My pick - S Jonathan Dowling

Blue chip recruit who transferred to smaller school. Decent potential. 

I would have picked the wrong players, just like you did with your OT selections, since I'm just an arm chair GM (like every other Huddler) and have no 'team tools' to evaluate talent. 

How would you know they are the wrong players? No way of knowing anything about this draft or players until atleast after next year and usually it takes years to truly evaluate a draft class. 

R1:

Kelvin Benjamin

Grade: B+

My Pick: Kelvin Benjamin

R2:

Kony Ealy

Grade: A+

My Pick: Kony Ealy

R3: 

Trai Turner

Grade: B

My Pick: Jaylen Watkins

R4:

Tre Boston 

Grade: C

My Pick: Tre Boston

R5:

Bene Benikwere

Grade: D

My Pick: (Wouldnt have traded up) James Hurst

R6: 

Tyler Gaffney

Grade D-

My Pick: James Hurst

R7:

None

Grade: F

My Pick: Louchiez Purifoy

As a former high school teacher, they all get A's until the season starts, then I'll grade them based on performance. Giving out grades beforehand doesn't make much sense.  Hell, they all might make the Pro Bowl, you just never know.

As a former high school teacher, they all get A's until the season starts, then I'll grade them based on performance. Giving out grades beforehand doesn't make much sense.  Hell, they all might make the Pro Bowl, you just never know.

Nothing wrong with initial grades. Ovcourse the one's that matter are the final grades. 

R1:

Kelvin Benjamin

Grade: B+

My Pick: Kelvin Benjamin

R2:

Kony Ealy

Grade: A+

My Pick: Kony Ealy

R3: 

Trai Turner

Grade: B

My Pick: Jaylen Watkins

R4:

Tre Boston 

Grade: C

My Pick: Tre Boston

R5:

Bene Benikwere

Grade: D

My Pick: (Wouldnt have traded up) James Hurst

R6: 

Tyler Gaffney

Grade D-

My Pick: James Hurst (EDIT: Brandon Coleman)

R7:

None

Grade: F

My Pick: Louchiez Purifoy

Typo. Put Hurst Twice, but my round 6 was supposed to be Brandon Coleman, since i cant edit.

How would you know they are the wrong players? No way of knowing anything about this draft or players until atleast after next year and usually it takes years to truly evaluate a draft class. 

You didn't get my point so I'll make it more clear. I can pick players by throwing darts at a board, like any other forum know-it-all, but I don't have the tools, training, or experience to do a good job of it, and I don't have any more faith in other forum members opinions than I do my own.

Obviously nobody can grade a draft worth a crap until you see how the selections pan out, and I said just that in another thread. I just don't care to put my post draft opinions up against the professionals or read others' opinions on who we took or didn't take. 

Archived