• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The blueprint for a Gettleman draft

JawnyBlaze

1st. The biggest guy at your greatest area of need - KB, Star

2nd. BPA at a position where there is little to no need - didn't need a DE, had just drafted a DT in the previous round

3rd-4th. A Guard (other spot on a guy with local ties) - Turner, Kugzilla, Boston (UNC), Greg Olson (went to college with Beason, played for Chud)

5th. ST/defensive backup - the CB we drafted today (don't remember his name at the moment), Klein

6th. A RB from the northwest - Stanford kid, Barner

Using this formula it shouldn't be too hard to figure out our draft so there's less shock and hurt vaginas next year.

We are not going to draft any more RB's so you can scratch that off your formula. Gaffney, Barner, Tolbert are the future, Stewart if he takes a paycut and is healthy. Williams is gone. 

Another important piece of information you did not add in the formula. "Have talent drop to your lap."

I don't see how both Gaffney and Barner make the 53 man roster this year.  Maybe we try to stash Gaffney on the practice squad, I don't know.  I think it's more likely that we've simply admitted that Barner was a mistake and moved on.  I don't see either DeAngelo or Stewart going anywhere this year.  I think DeAngelo will become a cap casualty next offseason and then Steward will follow him out the door the following offseason.

1st. The biggest guy at your greatest area of need - KB, Star

2nd. BPA at a position where there is little to no need - didn't need a DE, had just drafted a DT in the previous round

3rd-4th. A Guard (other spot on a guy with local ties) - Turner, Kugzilla, Boston (UNC), Greg Olson (went to college with Beason, played for Chud)

5th. ST/defensive backup - the CB we drafted today (don't remember his name at the moment), Klein

6th. A RB from the northwest - Stanford kid, Barner

Using this formula it shouldn't be too hard to figure out our draft so there's less shock and hurt vaginas next year.

This can be simplified a lot (Gett's Draft Strategy):

1)    BPA (which will be a big guy, b/c he loves them & that's how he sets his board).

1a)  Top pick (only) is influenced by area of need, but I would not always count on that.  The gapping holes we had before he

got here should naturally be filled between Re-Signing our own guys, FA & Drafting BPA.  Then it will simply be BPA all

day.

I don't see how both Gaffney and Barner make the 53 man roster this year. Maybe we try to stash Gaffney on the practice squad, I don't know. I think it's more likely that we've simply admitted that Barner was a mistake and moved on. I don't see either DeAngelo or Stewart going anywhere this year. I think DeAngelo will become a cap casualty next offseason and then Steward will follow him out the door the following offseason.

I don't think drafting Gaffney is admitting Barner was a mistake

I think Barner and Gaffney show what a mistake Double Trouble are. Carolina is starting to slowly build a RB committee the right way.....and soon Double Trouble will be pushed aside for them to be our backfield.

We are not going to draft any more RB's so you can scratch that off your formula. Gaffney, Barner, Tolbert are the future, Stewart if he takes a paycut and is healthy. Williams is gone. 

Another important piece of information you did not add in the formula. "Have talent drop to your lap."

that's funny.Gaffney and Barner are just the beginning of a revolving door of lesser players who will cycle through . Get used to it.

It was all shits and giggles folks. I don't honestly think Gettleman will draft this way every time....just noticed some correlations and thought we could use some levity around here.....

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

you did a fine job with it, even though nobody was in the mood to "levitate" LoL!

Archived