• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ealy is not a good pass rusher?

I wanted to like Ealy more, but he just didn't do it for me. Every game I watched, I wanted to see more from him, but he never looked elite or showcase an elite attribute. That is why he was in the 2nd, but u honestly thought Kareem Martin was the better DE.

He does have to work on his pass rushing to become a better prospect hand combat, counter moves. Washington is the coach to get him where he needs to be.

The wonderlic is silly. It asks a bunch of random questions, not math related. Boring, pointless evaluation.

The wibderlic test is not nearly as important as some people think. However, it does provide some value and should be used as just another data point.

The math, etc on the test is actually very basic. Given the times aspect if the test, it actually measures how quickly you can press information...which is important,

So, if a player you are looking at makes some mistakes on film AND has a low wonderlic, it could indicate that he has issues learning the scheme and processing what he sees quickly.

Again, it should just be another data point.

Although, scores in the 7 or 8 range can be achieved by a barely functioning person. Not sure how you can be a college student and not score higher than that while drunk or stoned

4.92 40 is concerning, but he had a 1.72 10 yard split. To put that in perspective, Robert Quinn had a 1.69, JJ Watt had a 1.71. Clowney's 10 yard split was a 1.59. What this says is that Ealy doesn't have elite top end speed, but his initial burst is pretty damn good. For a DE, initial burst is extremely important while top end spend rarely enters the equation. If your DE is running 40 yards in a straight line, then either something really good happened or something really bad happened. Either way, it doesn't come into play very often.

What jumps out to me about Ealy is his 3 cone. He hit a 6.83 in the 3 cone. To put that in perspective, LeSean McCoy is one of the shiftiest RBs in the NFL and his 3 cone was a 6.82.

Great info. I love the pick & hopefully more can start to.

Here are some fellow panther scores

Cam scored a 21

keek scored a 34

star scored a 15

steve smith scored a 23

chris gamble 9

greg hardy 20

from gettleman

"The Wonderlic test score can be very deceiving, all right? It’s an intelligence test. And it’s also a reading test. If you don’t read well, you won’t score high, so you have to be very careful. It is somewhat of an indicator.

"If you have concerns about a guy’s learning, bring him in. (He) spends four hours with the coaches, they put him on the board, and you can make a better indication… an indicator of sorts.

"It’s just part of the process. You’re not going to draft a guy based on the Wonderlic test score or you’d be taking everybody out of the Ivy League. You’re not going to do it. It’s just part of the process."

KB was put through the board they went to lunch and he was asked to regurgitate the information back. He passed with flying colors. I'm not worried one bit about his wonderlic score.

4.92 40 is concerning, but he had a 1.72 10 yard split.  To put that in perspective, Robert Quinn had a 1.69, JJ Watt had a 1.71.  Clowney's 10 yard split was a 1.59.  What this says is that Ealy doesn't have elite top end speed, but his initial burst is pretty damn good.  For a DE, initial burst is extremely important while top end spend rarely enters the equation.  If your DE is running 40 yards in a straight line, then either something really good happened or something really bad happened.  Either way, it doesn't come into play very often.

What jumps out to me about Ealy is his 3 cone.  He hit a 6.83 in the 3 cone.  To put that in perspective, LeSean McCoy is one of the shiftiest RBs in the NFL and his 3 cone was a 6.82. 

If Linville George was talking about the draft with the pundits Kiper would have interrupted this beautiful soliloquy have way through to yell at Todd McShay about Manziel

Archived