• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

St. Louis Rams Draft Their Janitor

chknwing

Former Utah State safety Mo Alexander has had quite a journey to the NFL, and it seems fitting that the St. Louis Rams were the team that decided to bring him in with their fourth-round pick (No. 110 overall).

Alexander made a big impact at Utah State this past season (nine tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks and an interception), but it looked incredibly unlikely that he'd make it to the NFL back in 2012 after he was dismissed from the team and ordered to serve a year in jail after punching a teammate in the face at a party (h/t Deseret News).

After being kicked off the football team, Alexander spent part of his time as a janitor at the Edward Jones Dome—the Rams' stadium—before being reinstated by the Utah State football team in 2013.

It's clear that Alexander has made the most of his second chance, as he'll now be playing at the Edward Jones Dome instead of helping clean it up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2058912-st-louis-rams-draft-pick-mo-alexander-used-to-be-janitor-at-edward-jones-

dome?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2

the Rams did good methinks. gut tells me they will make the NFC West very interesting next season. i think the NFC West and NFC South are shaping up to be the best divisions in the league. AFC West will be a force next year too.

You haven't seen the powerhouse of the nfc east.

I wonder if he gets to keep his janitor job to have something to fall back on?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Former Utah State safety Mo Alexander has had quite a journey to the NFL, and it seems fitting that the St. Louis Rams were the team that decided to bring him in with their fourth-round pick (No. 110 overall).

Alexander made a big impact at Utah State this past season (nine tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks and an interception), but it looked incredibly unlikely that he'd make it to the NFL back in 2012 after he was dismissed from the team and ordered to serve a year in jail after punching a teammate in the face at a party (h/t Deseret News).

After being kicked off the football team, Alexander spent part of his time as a janitor at the Edward Jones Dome—the Rams' stadium—before being reinstated by the Utah State football team in 2013.

It's clear that Alexander has made the most of his second chance, as he'll now be playing at the Edward Jones Dome instead of helping clean it up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2058912-st-louis-rams-draft-pick-mo-alexander-used-to-be-janitor-at-edward-jones-

dome?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2

good stuff and great find. 

Archived