• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt talks about day 2.

Kurb

I don't think anyone who blind sides their own teammate and breaks that teammate's face in the process will ever be first ballot. He will get in but I doubt any assortment of stats will be able to make it a first ballot deal.

..sorry OP. I know, off topic

I doubt that "fight" will factor into voting, unless he gets into any major trouble in the future. It will probably be a story told to emphasize how he used that incident as motivation to mature and overcome personal demons. Actually it's probably already being used that way now by the media.

Smith isn't close to hall of fame at this point. Even 3 more seasons of 1000 yards won't make him a lock. There are a lot of guys out there with over 10,000 yards who aren't locks either. Torry Holt, Muhsin Muhammed, Keyshawn Johnson, Marvin Harris, Terrell Owens, Issac Bruce, are all over 10000. Harris and Owens are over 14,000. There are a bunch of guys with close to 10,000. With Smith at less than 8000, he has a ways to go. Maybe 5 more years at 1000 yards a pop and he will be in the conversation.

I doubt that "fight" will factor into voting, unless he gets into any major trouble in the future. It will probably be a story told to emphasize how he used that incident as motivation to mature and overcome personal demons. Actually it's probably already being used that way now by the media.

Unfortunately that "fight" was the trouble we all were hoping would never come after he was ejected for kicking a player in the head and putting his hand on a referee.

Sad but true.

If he can play long enough and keep his nose clean he may outlive it. I hope so. But when you go up for Canton they look at more than just numbers and rings (or the lack thereof).

Archived