• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd Round Pick Kony Ealy DE

Kurb

you might want to add, oh what was is 60 chances for him to be drafted? So 31 teams, and the poo tv personal didn't even give two fugs he fell to us, it wasn't even a second thought he "fell".

yeah generally when a player gets drafted with the 32nd pick or outside of the first round that means 31 teams passed on him.  thanks for your contribution belichick.

i mean is it even worth it to point out the litany of players who were "passed on x times" but turned out to be sort of good.  should the nfl just can the other six rounds and have anybody who wasn't selected in the first round enter the UDFA pool because that sounds like the logical outcome of what you're suggesting.

I actually like this pick. It keeps CJ and Krak fresh to wreak havoc while a top DE prospect learns the game under 2 members of one of the best if not the best front 7 in the NFL. If something happens to Krak or CJ and we can't keep one, then we have an experienced guy who can step in and take over without much drop off in performance.

I know it's hard to see with gettlemans gut in your face, but if you take a few seconds to get his nuts off your chin you might see that it's very telling video. Also look up his "highlights", he basically only gets a sack when someone fugs up an assignment.

you're really pwning us hard with the homo erotic insults.  please stop

Before you jump on me, please remember this: I think Kony Ealy will be a great player in the NFL, maybe even for us eventually. But adding a defensive end to a team with the 2 best DE duo in the league with a Top 3 or Top 2 defense when you have Byron Bell as a starting tackle makes ZERO sense for the 2014 Carolina Panthers.

How much you willing to bet this isn't true, heard you're pretty good at them

COMPARES TO: Robert Quinn, St. Louis Rams - Considering that Quinn finished second in the NFL with 19 sacks in 2013, he's a tough comparison for any rookie but there is no denying Ealy's upside. He boasts the length, burst and developing technique that every scout is looking for off the edge. If he continues to develop his game, Pro Bowls are in his future.

Good value pick. He can easily come in right away and be part of a rotation. Gives us leverage in future contract talks but with RB's coming off I feel we can keep all our talent on the defensive line. Many had him pegged as a late 1st rounder and we snagged him at end of round 2. I'll take that all day and tomorrow.  

I know it's hard to see with gettlemans gut in your face, but if you take a few seconds to get his nuts off your chin you might see that it's very telling video. Also look up his "highlights", he basically only gets a sack when someone fugs up an assignment.

Calm down young buck..

I don't need lip from a cyber bully.

I've seen his highlights and I like his versatility.

I also think he has a great swim move and his acceleration is pretty good a as well. Sometimes he over pursues which gets him out of place on running plays but he's probably only going to be in on third down packages (passing downs, 3rd down and 5 yards+) so we don't have to worry about that nuance of his game yet.

The D-line defines the Panthers and will for the future.  It also helps since the D-line is what wins games the most.  

CJ is gone after next year because he'll cost us 17 million and will only cost us 6 million to cut thus saving us 11 million.  We'll resign Hardy after next year.  Ealy will contribute this year and start at RDE in 2015.  

Our D-line of Hardy, Ealy, KK, and Star are all young and are going to be playing and dominating for a loooonnnng time.

good pick. its a steal. who knows what hardy will do in the future especially with cash money on his side.. johnson is aging. having a solid backup on the dline is great.. Alexander and Ealy is a good  thing. Especially knowing last year when charles got hurt we were pretty hurt on D

Archived