• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd Round Pick Kony Ealy DE

Kurb

If you have watched Bells career of people blowing by him.....you should be worried. Left handiness doesn't suddenly make him athletic on that side

At this point I agree and rather see Chandler on the Left.

I didn't feel the need to name all our scrubs last year. Our RT, RG, CB, CB (both spots outside when Capt goes to nickel), WR2, WR3, etc.

Those are scrubs.

and Beason was coming off a HUGE injury. That is why I endorsed drafting Luke bc I thought Beason couldn't return to form.....which he didn't. That isn't be case with the DEs.

My point was, starters get unseated every year. Saying that you wished Ealy doesn't because of how much CJ and Hardy make is ridiculous. If scrubs get you to 12-4, then give me more scrubs

My point was, starters get unseated every year. Saying that you wished Ealy doesn't because of how much CJ and Hardy make is ridiculous. If scrubs get you to 12-4, then give me more scrubs

I don't think he unseats them bc they are top tier DEs.

I merely entertained the highly unlikely scenario by saying it is a problem when you have highly paid starters on the bench. Which it is.

Given that Hardy hasn't sniffed an extension as far as I can tell I think this is a:

Let's do everything we can to ensure that this defense is in place past 2014.

Plus it was a value blue pig goosemolly pick

I have no problem with any of the picks so far

I don't think he unseats them bc they are top tier DEs.

I merely entertained the highly unlikely scenario by saying it is a problem when you have highly paid starters on the bench. Which it is.

Having your best 11 on the field supersedes contracts. End of Story! If Ealy unseats one of them then awesome, we got stronger at a strength

Brilliant long term move.  We have to have replacements ready if we want to resign Cam get him weapons and keep a top defense in the future.  Math dictates that our currents contracts at DE won't facilitate that goal.

This is a move that tells me that David Gettleman has a smart vision for the future of the Panthers franchise.  Even though impulsively most of us are thrown off because we want to win now....this really is a good plan.

Having your best 11 on the field supersedes contracts. End of Story! If Ealy unseats one of them then awesome, we got stronger at a strength

But again, your best 11 doesn't mean they stack up well against other teams.

If you have tons of money invested at DE and RB that is sitting the bench....the issue isn't the guys forcing them to sit. It is the guys at other positions you were forced to be weak at bc you had no resources to have talent there

But again, your best 11 doesn't mean they stack up well against other teams.

If you have tons of money invested at DE and RB that is sitting the bench....the issue isn't the guys forcing them to sit. It is the guys at other positions you were forced to be weak at bc you had no resources to have talent there

Blame Hurney. He gave out those contracts. But I can agree about the too much money on bikes and benches

Using a 2nd rounder for a guy who will try to be the 4th or 3rd guy at his position?

2nd rounders could potentially start at tons of starting spots on our roster

I'm talking about the guard. fuging get some beef on our line.

I don't know why you guys are so excited, Kony was over projected earlier this year, and many knew it. A lot more sensible mocks had him late second, early third. Hell I bet if you find those mocks they're more in line with what's play out, instead of the bullshit that's usually projected by the "professiona" (tv hosts).

Let's hope he doesn't get too lazy on the bench, here's a snippet from some of the articles:

"But the words of an anonymous scout to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel a couple days before the draft also might have raised questions. Said that scout: "He thinks he's already anAldon Smith-type player. Classic con man. I don't trust this kid. He will be just a big pain in the (expletive). He's one of those 'let somebody else draft him' guys."

Brilliant long term move.  We have to have replacements ready if we want to resign Cam get him weapons and keep a top defense in the future.  Math dictates that our currents contracts at DE won't facilitate that goal.

This is a move that tells me that David Gettleman has a smart vision for the future of the Panthers franchise.  Even though impulsively most of us are thrown off because we want to win now....this really is a good plan.

pretty much.  were there more pressing needs?  sure but gettleman is about assembling young talent for the future.

Archived