• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd Round Pick Kony Ealy DE

Kurb

a steal for who?????...........and this draft for need thing is out of hand, sure don't reach but de is probably the strongest position on the team besides qb

not being a asshole but please tell me why this was a steal for us?

Because Ealy was graded as a first round pick. Also, you do realize that either Hardy or CJ won't be here next year, right? Rookie DEs have a hard time progressing in the NFL. Giving Ealy a year before he takes the reigns helps us AND him.

I'm all for the best players on the field! If Norman turns the corner then awesome. If Ealy wins a "starting" job then must mean he is the better player! Now let's hope for Tiny, Cyril, Yankey, Moncrief, or Hurst. Maybe Desir or Dontae Johnson or an Ed Reynolds

My point is you can play that kind of game for eternity.

Phone rings.

<Drew> Hello?

<Kraken> WTF was that?

<Drew> Greg, baby! Don't get so upset, everything is....

<Kraken> You get your ass down here and get this long term deal done tomorrow!

<Drew> Greg, Greg. We gotta hold on and see how things shake out. Gettleman's bark is worse than his bite, amiright?

<Kraken> Your ass is here tomorrow or I come and get you........CLICK.

<Drew> Hello? Greg?

<Drew> Greg, you see that

<Kraken> yeah, WTF

<Drew> these guys don't want to pay you, they want to replace you

<Kraken> Kraken angry

<Drew> No worries, we play this year but be smart.... and then we go get that big money elsewhere. Go watch some Peppers film on how to conserve yourself.

<Kraken> true dat

That is highly unlikely. Unlikely to the degree it isn't worth discussing. Even if he does.....then we have one of the highest paid DEs in the NFL drinking Gatorade with Double Trouble all game. Your money shouldn't be on the bench

I don't give a rats ass how much of Hurney's money sits on the bench....I want the best 11 on the field

Kony is CJ's replacement. We save 11.4 million on the cap by cutting CJ next yr.

Yea that money will be there long enough just switch hands to Hardy so can get paid 20 million a year. See Hardy ain't going to be happy until he gets a contract that will pay him as much money as a top 5 QB gets every year. That's why Hardy and his agent is waiting to see if Carolina will pay him that much. But we got news for Hardy. Come down on your asking price or be traded or walk next season. Hate to see 13 million wasted for one last season for him. But Hardy knows most of his sacks last year came from playing against sorry oline. But yet he disappear against good oline. He ain't worth the money he is wanting.

I don't give a rats ass how much of Hurney's money sits on the bench....I want the best 11 on the field

You should. If all your money is on your bench. Means you are forced to play a lot of scrubs. Many of your best 11 shouldn't actually be on a field (but are bc the money is elsewhere)

<Drew> Greg, you see that

<Kraken> yeah, WTF

<Drew> these guys don't want to pay you, they want to replace you

<Kraken> Kraken angry

<Drew> No worries, we play this year but be smart.... and then we go get that big money elsewhere. Go watch some Peppers film on how to conserve yourself.

<Kraken> true dat

LOL.

Yours is better than mine.

(Mine's bigger)

You should. If all your money is on your bench. Means you are forced to play a lot of scrubs. Many of your best 11 shouldn't actually be on a field (but are bc the money is elsewhere)

Quinn is a scrub? Many DEs make more! Best 11 doesn't alway mirror contract size

Brent Grimes says fug you! Not every starting CB's come out of the first two rounds

Look, I really want a shut down corner too but we can't just throw our picks out there and hope to get lucky and hit on one. There are OTs available that can start for us and we gotta go OT for safety -- after the KB risky pick (which I love by the way).

Archived